Looking for west coast Scotland clubs playing AOS

N_Watson

**** Now, I couldn't really find anywhere appropriate to post this, so I do apologise. I did look in the clubs section and there wasn't any that I could see and I couldnt create a post.  Please move if I'm just being a bumpy and missed a better place to post this lol  ****

Been playing AOS since may and this is really the first sort of wargame I have really taken to. 

The clubs immediately in my vicinity do not play AOS and I have just been playing at my local Gw store. 

I'm booking holidays at work for next year to go to tournaments like SCGT and from watching Blood and Glory this weekend, I will be looking to book that as well, but really need to try and get a bigger variety opponents to get practice playing in a competitive environment and to refine lists etc. 

I live just outside of Glasgow and have a car, so travelling really isn't a problem. 

Any Scottish gamers out there part of a club who have people that play AOS on a regular basis? 

The biggest glasgow gaming club I know of is G3 on a tues night. Me and my mates @stuntymike @Paint_Hammer @AndyC rarely hit it though, and I'm not sure how much AoS is played there (fairly mixed in terms of games played).

Other than that Common Ground in Stirling is a great place to try catch a game of AoS. Post on their FB page and sure you can catch a game.

We try and play as often as poss (which isn't as often as we like!) and usually at our houses. Sure we can arrange something.

I'm new to the hobby and have been considering starting my first army (Collected 40k orks when I was a kid but never properly played). I too live near Glasgow and would be looking to start some games once I have an army . Is it the GW store in the City Centre you go to? Whats it like for finding AoS players and what days would you normally go?

I'll maybe make an appearance in the new year :D

Woo, Scottish people! Lol

I go to the East Kilbride store @Aelven, but I would be able to travel into the Glasgow store if I can find an easy way to park and bring my gear... 

@Scottyjock I haven't heard of G3 but I did contact the stirling club a while back and they said they didn't have many people who played. Perhaps that has changed now so will look into that. 

@stuntymike I was due to go to tempest but it is the same day as my fiancée's grad ball in the town, so wouldn't be able to make it through in time.    It is Blantyre, specifically, that I stay, so would be able to travel to stirling, or Lochwinnoch as they are only around 35-40 minutes away. Although they are in opposite directions lol. 

Hope there is more events up in Scotland. Hard to judge how much traction it has up here having only played at a store. Looks like there is a whole bunch of us giving how tempest is looking. 

8 minutes ago, Darthbeerder said:

I too have found it quite hard to find clubs in the areas around glasgow , im in hamilton and have no car so its at least a 40 min journey on public transport

I know that there is a club in Hamilton, "The Hamilton Howlers" but they don't seem to play AOS which is a shame.  

1 hour ago, N_Watson said:

I know that there is a club in Hamilton, "The Hamilton Howlers" but they don't seem to play AOS which is a shame.  

Yea when I first moved here I tried to contact them and couldnt get hold of anyone so just presumed they didnt meet anymore. never had much interest in 40k anyway so if they dont play aos it doesnt matter. swords and magic beat lasers any day 

Archived