Ironjawz brutes and ardboys

Tizianolol

Hello! I have seen that now u can consider as battleline brutes and ardboys,and the cav, even if u want destruction as alliance.
my question is what do u pref brutes or ardboys..they are both melee and cost the same points:)

That's not exactly correct. If you use pure Ironjaws you can use those as battleline. If it's a mix then you must use other troops like goblin or Ogre as battleline. What they are saying is that if you have a battle tomes like sylvaneth or BCR you can choose to use Destruction abilities rather than the ones.specific to your faction but you cannot use both at once.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I take a mix of both. Ard boys come out top if you look at points per wound, but the brutes are great in combat!

Unit of 10 brutes with the 2h weapons, warchanter, megaboss with them, hitting on 2s re-rolling 1s. So good at killing stuff!

Take a couple of units of ard boys to hold objectives and let the brutes loose to do da killin'!

Each unit has a different purpose.  10 brutes buffed by a megaboss and warchanter are your primary killing force.  A unit of 5 brutes is your scalpel, used to go kill a specific model or two.  The ardboys, especially with shields, are for defending objectives or choke points.

The size of your units is more of a personal preference.  Do you like trying to split up your enemy and draw units away from their buff givers?  Then more smaller units might work best.  Do you prefer to maximize the number of brutes or gruntas receiving buffs, then fewer but larger units would support your plan best.

Archived