FEC - 2500pts Matched Play

Cagos

Okay Guys... I need som advice for my upcomming battle against a friend and his Bloodbound army, but this list should work as a all counter list.

Leaders
Ghoul King on Zombiedragon
- General
- Red Fury Trait
- Cursed Book

Varghulf Courtier
- Cloak or Ring

Ghast Courtier

Units
30 Ghouls -
20 Ghouls - Ghoul Patrol
20 Ghouls - Ghoul Patrol
10 Ghouls - Ghoul Patrol

6 Flayers or Horros - can't decide :(

Monsters
Morngul

Formation
Ghoul Patrol

Summoning Pool - 240Pts
1-3 Ghast Courtier
Infernal

240 pts

Okay, plan is that the GKoZD and Mourngul runs up the center of the battlefield flanking the 30 Ghouls with my Varghulf, making a bubble of -2/-3 to hit to the enemy center.
The 3 Ghoul Patrols comes in for objectiv grapping or going for shooting units/support units.  My Ghoul Patrol Ghast goes with one of the 20 mand units and I will summon a second Ghast for the other 20 man unit. My Flayers should go after Heroes and i will summon a Infernal to back them up.

If I run 6 Horrors instead of Flayers, they should swap place with the 30 man unit in the center and i will instead run 4 20 ghoul units.

I realized a list about 2500 points  using behemoth and ghoul patrol...and...I was much more lethal than you. The ghouls at such points are not suitable to be put in great numbers in the ghoul patrol, it's much better to use them with minimum size so to have units who advance without worries from your side of the field.

Moreover I'd suggest you to redistribuite the artifacts and rethink about it. If you use the GKoZD you can use it's command ability to evoke the Vrghulf in a much better position, giving advantge also to the units of the ghoul patrol whose be in the range of the Varghulf regenerative abilities.

Ok, maybe you plan to summon other crypt ghast couertier by that command ability ...but you don't have impact in your list in this way. You would have only 2 models who can make damage (and even couting horros/varghesist it's not enough).

The ghouls don't have such e great impact. Yo can't think to block so many units as you plan with only hem, not without havnth the trait of the "undead lord" to save them by 5+ within 10" by the general and even then you risk quite a lot with only a unit. I'd suggest you to put the ghoul patrol to 10 models and with the 20 models you gain create anorther 20 models storng unit of ghouls to advance if you want  

Archived