A new AOS player

Welcome, you've entered a golden age for the hobby and made a nice start, I like the choice of the bright blue for the weapon grip however I'd recommend using some of the GW shade paints, eg. Coelia Greenshade for the bright blue grip and Nuln Oil for the metal hammer head.  

The best thing you can do to help you quickly improve is to watch the Warhammer TV painting tutorials and always remember to thin your paints.

Hay Dave, welcome to the forum.

That Liberator looks like a great start. I'm with @cb_rex that a was of something like Reikland Fleshsade on the gold would bring out the detail. And if you are looking to save some time after undercoating the model I would give it a spray with Retributor armour spray to give the model a clean thin gold.

Make sure you post up your progress and let us know how you get on!

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, 

Just another update of my painting progress ? Took your advice, and have had some great success with the GW washes. Though could use some advice for textured bases, have tried a few color combinations, but cannot decide which works best with my current color scheme. As always, any tips appreciated, and keep painting! ?

20161122_113601.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived