Mono Beastclaw Raiders Semi Competitve

Tanka

I have written a list for Beastclaw Raiders.

Tournament in January.

I understand a hybrid destruction list will be more competitive but I want to keep the beastclaw raiders theme.

Frostlord on Thundertusk

Frostlord on Stonehorn

Huskard on Thundertusk

6 Yhetees

6 Yhetees

3 Yhetees

2x3 Sabretusks

Considering having all the yhetees in 3 man units for a bit of MSU, but its not really an MSU army.

Unless you have something very special in mind or want to include a Skal, i would advise you to drop some sabretusks and get more yhetees. They hit better, have more wounds, better bravery, better resistance (-1to hit), better close combat range, same movement, same save. The list goes on.

I have nothing to say on the rest of the list but you'll have to be careful as thunderstusks are far more fragile than Stonehorn.

One of your option is to remove all Sabertusks, get 3 more Yhetees and upgrade a Thundertusk to a Stonehorn.

On the MSU subject i do not recommand going to. MSU makes you more fragile, having 6 models that strikes at the same time is much stronger than two striking at different times. Plus, having a 6" engage range you won't have problem fitting them all in close combat range.

I agree with @kozokus on the Sabretusks, they really aren't that good.

I'd also replace the Frostlord on Thundertusk for a Frostlord on Stonehorn. With bellowing tyrant on the general (who casts it on himself for +1 to hit) and battle brew on the other one you'll have two killing machines.

You then have the following:

Leaders
Frostlord on Stonehorn (460)
- Artefact: Battle Brew
- General
- Trait: Bellowing Tyrant

Huskard on Thundertusk (340)

Units
Icefall Yhetees x 6 (240)

Total: 1980/2000

7 minutes ago, grunnlock said:

I agree with @kozokus on the Sabretusks, they really aren't that good.

I'd also replace the Frostlord on Thundertusk for a Frostlord on Stonehorn. With bellowing tyrant on the general (who casts it on himself for +1 to hit) and battle brew on the other one you'll have two killing machines.

You then have the following:

Leaders
- Artefact: Battle Brew
- General
- Trait: Bellowing Tyrant

Huskard on Thundertusk (340)

Units

Total: 1980/2000

Full stop, Yhetees are only Battleline if the general is a Frostlord on Thundertusk. :P

Yeah. I've been

playing ofors

formyears so completely understand the Thundertusk is no where near as resilient but I need him for the yhetees. 

Ok. I'll drop the Sabres for more yhetees. Just thought the Sabres would be good for mission where I need to hold or "tag" and objective. 

Archived