Batallion and battline requirements

Trav

Question

Hi all still new to the game and couldnt find this.

if using a batallion (eg godsworn champions of ruin) do i still need to ensure I have the minimum number of battle line units when fulfilling the batallion requirements?

Also, am i allowed to choose units outside of that batallion (eg. Slaanesh lord on steed) on his own or do I need extra battline units. Can the slaanesh lord also be the general and use his command ability on the godsworn champions of ruin batallion units if he is not part of that batallion?

Can i add just a giant to the army outside of this batallion?

apologies if these are basic questions, any help for a rookie would be appreciated.

cheers

1 answer to this question

For matched play, you need to ensure you meet battleline requirements, regardless of battalions, e.g. if you need 4 battleline and the battalion needs 2, you still need 2 more outside the battalion.
There's no requirement that all units are part of a battalion, so having a battalion of 7 units and 3 more that aren't is perfectly fine.
Any model can be your general, and command abilities etc. work on all units regardless of organisation. It's only battalion special rules that only affect units in the battalion (unless specified otherwise).
So yeah, get a giant. [emoji6]

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Archived