2000pt Daemon Horde

KhaosZand3r

Just thought up what I believe to be a great list to run at 2000 points. Wondering what you all think of it:

Lord of Change (general), Great Destroyer, Chaos Talisman, Balewind Vortex

Herald of Tzeentch on Disc

Herald of Khorne

Herald of Nurgle

Herald of Slaanesh

10x Pink Horrors

20x Bloodletters

40x Plaguebearers (maybe in 2 groups)

20x Daemonettes

3x Flamers

That comes out to 1800 points. The final 200 would depend on who/what I'm facing

Burning Chariot

Skull Cannon

5x Seekers of Slaanesh or Flesh Hounds & 3x Nurglings, Herald of Khorne, or replacing Herald of Nurgle with Epidemius

Daemon Prince (Khorne or Slaanesh)

I've played similar lists in the past when trying to get enough points together.... the problem lies in attaining any synergy. Now that I have an extensive collection of demons that is not the case. Still, it can be fun, and it's a great way to compare/contrast how different units work in a game setting.

So the idea is actually not to compare and contrast, but to overwhelm with numbers. My idea is to have the Plaguebearers on the frontline to absorb damage while the others deal most of the damage. My wizards will keep models on the board by resummoning them (house rules), and the LoC can potentially snipe with his spell in turn 1 thanks to the Vortex.

Its an interesting concept however for me there is too much slow moving infantry given the 2000 point allowance. I imagine the strategy is to summon replacement daemons to cover those lost to missile fire as you cross the table however of your 3 wizards the Pink Horrors and Herald of Tzeentch are not particularly hard to kill with missile fire (8 or 10 wounds with 5+ saves). As there is virtually no fast moving troops to hamper your opponent's ranged weapons he could focus on taking out your wizards first with enough time left to whittle away the ranks of the slow moving infantry. I would consider losing the Daemonettes or reducing the number of Plague bearers and increase the number of Seekers/Flesh Hounds so your opponents missile troops have something else to think about. If they spend the first turn or 2 shooting your wizards, the speedy troops reach them and take them out, leaving the infantry to advance without incoming missile fire. If your opponent focuses fire on the fast moving troops to eliminate that threat then your wizards are left alone to summon replacements. Win/Win! 

On 10/24/2016 at 1:29 PM, DarkBlack said:

I find that a little bit of everything can be difficult to get cohesive, so there might be quite a learning curve for you. I don't see why it wouldn't work if played well.

Doesn't seem like there are any synergies in the army aside from the ones they get from the heralds. The command ability from the Lord of Change isn't super great, I agree that it seems to fractured between the gods. What made this sort of list powerful in 8th hampers it in AOS I think.

• 2 weeks later...

^^Yeah, what he said. Now there's good reasons to , if not go total mono, then at least focus more on one faction. Take a look at any of the individual heroes and see how they benefit battle line troops or what were once called specials, i.e. mounted troops.

Khorne lord on jugger. Slaanesh lord on boobsnake. Epidemius. All examples of how staying within the same faction will benefit you.

Besides, it just looks cooler, IMO.B|

4 hours ago, Tasman said:

Khorne lord on jugger.

Shouldn't have changed that; you should have coined renaming them to Khorne Huggers. The more I think about it the more it seems appropriate; because they're so soft now compared to what they did in 8th.

In regards to the mono-diety lists; I think they're cool but I think you should be able to run a god for about every 1000 points your army is. So Mono Nurgle at 1k, but at 2k you run include the extra faction of a Tzeentch gunline and Lord of Change to burn/mortal wound people.

I have enough to run a 2k list for each god on it's own, but you end up with very little flexibility in doing so. Nurgle can tank damage but is generally mediocre on dishing it out. Khorne is the opposite. Tzeentch fills in the ranged and magic that the other 3 are very limited on. 

The synergies of a mono-god list do not always outweigh the weaknesses of that god.

True, but I find the challenge to be fun.

I've been collecting WoC, Doc and to a lesser degree, beastmen and skaven for 25 years. I can put together just about any mixed force I want. Mono lists, or lists that are almost entirely made from one faction, are more challenging to play.

Now, for a tournament setting, where you want to be as competitive as possible.......pull out all the stops.

Archived