Branchwych Revisited w/ Bittergrub as Pet

Mr. White

Of all the characters in the app, the Branchwych is the most intriguing to me yet I don't think this character has been fully realized.

Looking at the model, the Bittergrub can easily be modeled on its own base, so why not have another character with a pet? Also, her Silver Tower rules don't seem to reflect the wizardly nature of the creature at all.

Now, I'm still in the assembly and painting stage and have yet to play a proper game. Please critique.

Branchwych
Move 5
Agility 4+ (reduced from current stats)
Save 5+

Weapon Actions
Fury of the Forest (1+) range-combat to hit-2+ damage-1
Greenwood Scythe (4+) range-combat to hit-3+ damage-d3
Unleash Spites (6+) range-area to hit-5+ damage-1

Abilities
Quick Tempered (stays the same)
Command (2+) (this is like the Warpriest)

Traits (stays the same)
Reknown (stays the same)

Bittergrub (acts as a pet like the gryph-hound)
Move - 3
Agility - 4+
Vigour - 1

Rules: if you have not made a Command (2+) action by the end of your turn, roll on the behavior table to see what the Bittergrub does.

1-2 Hide: Move the Bittergrub towards the Branchwych. If the Bittergrub ends its movement adjacent to the Branchwych, place the model on the Branchwych's card. (Note: this pays tribute to the Bittergrub model initially riding on the back of the Branchwych model as well as the nature of insects to generally scurry for cover.)

3-4 Defend: Like the gryph-hound action of the same name.

5-6 Mandibles: Like the gryph-hound action 'hunt'.

If it's been knocked out - Put the model on the Bittergrub card (or somewhere off the board), move to Branchwych card during Respite.

If it's in hiding/spawning during Respite - Put the model on the Branchwych card, place adjacent to Branchwych as first space on DEFEND or MANDIBLES action. (This is how the BitterGrub moves back into the game.)

Archived