Nurglin's

erasercrumbs

From a pure fluff standpoint, Nurglings are one of my very favorite units in all of Warhammer, always have been.  They're hideously adorable, and I love sending waves of them after my opponents' dark, brooding heroes, just for the sheer joy of hoping to see them get nibbled to death by Nurglings.

That said, the effectiveness of Nurglings seems to vary wildly depending upon whether or not you can roll a 5+ to inflict an extra 1d3 wounds after combat.  So what's the broad consensus?  Are Nurglings worth the trouble, or am I just wasting space on the table with my huggable little pus-bags?

First off, I have to agree about loving Nurglings haha.

Secondly, I've noticed their best ability is actually their regen, which makes them a solid tarpit unit. Their damage output is pretty pitiful unless you can succeed on the Unpredictable Destruction roll or buff them with a spell.

Ive got the most out of them using them in Open play as part of the Nurgles Deluge formation, but with points their resilience doesn't make up for their lack of damage output. I've often used units of six bases (160pts) side by side Blightkings (180pts) and the Blightkings end up being more durable as their damage output will reduce the enemy's hurtiness.

Not even taking them with Morbidex helps as he performs a completely different role.

On balance, however, they are supercool and great models!

The Nurglings strength is definitely their regen ability. Just had a game yesterday where 1 Nurgling base held up a Free Guild general for 3 turns, before he killed it to clear an objective.

That said, I'm not sure they are the top choice in Nurgle Daemons, but if you like them then consider them as a tar pit unit.

Archived