1000 point Bonesplittaz

Razor32

Hi guys. 

I have recently picked up the bonesplittaz, and i am going to m first tournement soon. It is going to be played with only 1000 points. 

Scrolling through the various thread like "competetive bonesplittaz" it seems most lists are build around 2000 points. I was looking for some ideas on a list for bonesplittaz as i need to figure out what order i paint the stuff in. I normally really enjoy 2000 point battles, and therefor have the models for it, just not painted. 

Anyway my list is built around kunnin' ruk, just like most list. 

1 Savage big boss.

1 Maniak weirdnoob.

1 wardook

30 arrowboys

10 savage boys 

5 boar boys

5 boar boys 

kunnin ruk. 

comes to 980. 

I am just worried that, lets say we play the battle plan three places of power, and i only have 3 heroes, i will struggle. And at the same time i feel like i can be struggling if i dont get my arrows to hit. It seems to me to be a little vulnerable. Anyway this turned into a ramble. What do my fellow bonesplittaz players bring if you only play 1000 points?

Any tips, much appricated.

I think the list is solid for 1000 points. I would maybe run another unit of savage orruks over 2 units of boarboys just for model/wound count and you have a better chance of getting a roll on the triumph table. 
Also, not sure about anyone else, but when I have been playing 1000 point games at my local GW, we have been running 3 places of power as 2 places of power due to running on a smaller table. We also do not play escalation at all at this points range. 

I would drop one of the boars units and pick up 2 Big Stikkas just so you have something to deal with high armour saves and the d3 mortal wounds when they die make them a nice speed bump for the unit you don't want to get close just yet.

I would disagree with @N_Watson, keep one unit of boars as a late game objective grabbing unit, casting Hand of gork on them for an 18" move has won me many games. 15 wounds is not easy to shift, especially for the chaff unit that is left behind holding an objective.

2 very good ideas. If i choose to bring 2 big stabbas instead of a unit of boarboys i will hit 1000 points, but i will not have the kunnin ruk, i i think it can be very beneficial in the list. maybe trade a wordokk 80 points for the kunnin ruk 60 points. But then again, nice to have 2 spell casters. 

I could swap the 2 units of boarboys for 1 big stabba, and one maniak boar boys. 

It would end up 

1 big boss

1 maniak weirdnoob

1 wardokk

30 arrowboys 

10 savage orruks

5 maniak boarsboys 

1 big stabba

kunnin ruk

the plan would be to use savage orruks as a shield for my big boss and arrowboys. which will try and take out key componets in the others list. ans send my maniak boars into something choppy, get them to hit twice. use my big stabba for monsters. could be fun. 

Archived