Gnoblar / Ironguts question

StrutOutWithYourGutOut

Question

Hey!

I'm a newer player and had a game today where my opponent was attempting to make a pile-in-move around gnoblars. Their special rule states that after a unit makes a move within 6 inches of them, you can roll to determine of mortal wounds get dealt. My opponent felt this didn't apply to pile-in-moves.

Also, can someone tell me when I need to announce that my Ironguts will use their "Down to the Ironguts" ability. Again my opponent felt that I had to announce it immediately after my Ironguts fought as opposed to before we entered the strike-last phase. The ability doesn't clearly specify when this should happen.

1 answer to this question

3 hours ago, StrutOutWithYourGutOut said:

Hey!

I'm a newer player and had a game today where my opponent was attempting to make a pile-in-move around gnoblars. Their special rule states that after a unit makes a move within 6 inches of them, you can roll to determine of mortal wounds get dealt. My opponent felt this didn't apply to pile-in-moves.

Also, can someone tell me when I need to announce that my Ironguts will use their "Down to the Ironguts" ability. Again my opponent felt that I had to announce it immediately after my Ironguts fought as opposed to before we entered the strike-last phase. The ability doesn't clearly specify when this should happen.

Pile-In Moves and Gnoblars: During the Combat Phase, a unit can perform a pile-in move as part of its FIGHT ability. Importantly, every model in that unit must end the move no further from the target unit than it was before piling in, and it must still be in combat with every unit it started the move engaged in combat with. Therefore, your gnoblars’ special rule would indeed apply to pile-in moves if the conditions are met.

Ironguts’ “Down to the Ironguts” Ability: The Ironguts’ ability “Down to the Ironguts” allows them to re-roll hit, wound, and save rolls of 1 for the unit until your next hero phase. You can choose to activate this ability once per battle, in the combat phase, after the Ironguts have fought for the first time in that phase. There is no specific timing requirement for announcing this ability, so you can declare it at any point during the combat phase, even before the strike-last phase begins.