A Thread For Complaints About Foot Heroes Being Too Weak

Yea points for upgrades would have potentially fixed the ethereal 3+ Legion of blood VLoZD too rather than just increasing the models points cost which skews them in other subfactions.

I do think with just a 3+ or similar on a d6 for each roll there just isn't enough variance. It doesn't necessarily NEED to be S/T etc. - a similar system to MESBG would be great too and works well. The main downside to AoS is that it doesn't matter who/what you're fighting, your stats are the same. I just use fantasy style stats as an example as it fixes that issue and people know it better than other systems. I personally love how in TOW a human warrior or similar weak unit will have to get 5s to hit and 5s or higher to wound a vampire lord in combat, whereas it'll be easier vs other foot troops and things like goblins. In AoS its just 4+ 4+ vs everything, which greatly reduces flavour and the thematic feel IMO.

Maybe I'm in the minority but just my 2 cents. 40k for me does it really well where they've reduced the need for learning lots of stats/rules but kept the flavour. AoS is a step too far that removes that flavour almost completely.

On the flip side though AoS is the main game my group plays so it's gotta be doing something right.

Edited by MotherGoose
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, MotherGoose said:

in TOW a human warrior or similar weak unit will have to get 5s to hit and 5s or higher to wound a vampire lord in combat, whereas it'll be easier vs other foot troops and things like goblins. In AoS its just 4+ 4+ vs everything, which greatly reduces flavour and the thematic feel IMO

This is my main frustration with aos since the beginning and I've playing since 1st ed haha. 

Tbh a lot of my frustrations with aos where solved by tow so I'm sure happy there. 

I'm watching to see how fourth Ed plays to see if I'm play aos any time soon.

I don't know if others are doing this as well but I've reverted all my old world armies back to the old world and will focus on aos with pure aos armies which for me is kharadrons. Maybe they will be better optimized for aos.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mordeus said:

This is my main frustration with aos since the beginning and I've playing since 1st ed haha. 

Tbh a lot of my frustrations with aos where solved by tow so I'm sure happy there. 

I'm watching to see how fourth Ed plays to see if I'm play aos any time soon.

I don't know if others are doing this as well but I've reverted all my old world armies back to the old world and will focus on aos with pure aos armies which for me is kharadrons. Maybe they will be better optimized for aos.

I was going to attempt the movement tray converter style things for my soulblight as I also love them in AoS, but will definitely be building a wood elf army at some point! The games play so differently to one another it's great to have both systems (if you can)

• Like 2

If you have access to a 3d printer or laser cutter it's really easy for trays. I made 1x3 mini trays it works really well for my dwarf army. I did the same for my ogres and o&g. Apart from 32 m bases and cavalry ones everything is pretty modular. For soulblight you might need new helped as the bases aren't the same.