Ard Fist

Ollie Grimwood

Has anyone had any joy using an Ard Fist battalion in matched play. It seem to me needing to put aside reinforcement points aside to use it makes it a massive points sink that may have no effect. Although with careful positioning I could see a unit of Ardboys turning up 6" from your opponents table edge being fairly amusing 

Ironjawz don't have the bodies as is, and having to pay reinforcement points..,this is a dead in the water battalion in matched play.

I do find the idea of coming in from the enemy's deployment zone a thought in the right direction though. My last game I was pinned down by the unstoppable Empire in the Borderlands scenario and found myself unable to punch through to his deployment zone. The lack of range hurt, and this was with a Weirdnob.

It's all a bit dependent on keeping the warchanter alive and he's a bit bigger than the Ardboys so quite snipable I suspect. I guess that's the same with any summoning though.   

It says it just works at some point in the hero phase so it may be possible to reposition using Rampaging destroyers to get them coming on where you'd like. 

Archived