2K destruction list need comments/concerns

Mamble94

I feel that as destruction players the big beasties of the beastclaw offer some of the best value for points impact in the game and I find that savage orruks complement them perfectly, cheap points cost, high model count and good survivability with 2 wounds each and a 6+ perma-save.

with that in mind I propose the following 2000 point list:

-Frostlord on stonehorn (general with ravager trait)

-frostlord on stonehorn (battle brew)

-2x thundertusk huskards

-maniac weirdnob

-3x 10 savage orruks

I feel this gives hard hitting CC impact, range from the thundertusks, some magic support from the maniac and in a way the huskards and decent scoring units in the form of savage orruks. Id love to hear thoughts on it from the community.

6 hours ago, Caffran101 said:

Its pretty much identical to my army list idea.

Only difference is I have a Stonehorn Beastrider - rather than the other Frostlord on Stonehorn.

The other difference is my set up costs 2000 points, whereas yours above costs 2100 :)

Nope, his list is 2000. Yours is 1900. 

Frostlord on Stonehorn - 460

Frostlord on Stonehorn - 460

Huskard on Thunderstusk - 340

Huskard on Thunderstusk - 340

Maniak Wierdnob - 100

Savage orruk X 10 - 100

Savage orruk X 10 - 100

Savage orruk X 10 - 100

2000 in total

I like this list, but I like the idea of a Skall formation with  a hunter and two packs of sabretusks instead of the 2nd Thundertusk. I feel this gives you a good chance of winning the first battleplan in Generals handbook due to the 5 models coming on the board in any hero phase. Otherwise, best you can hope for is a minor victory on that one I feel. Like most armies in my experience. Never seen a major victory on it yet.  

haha I was about to say, maths not my strongest subject but I'm pretty sure its 2000, i love the frost lord he's amazing, i just think on low wounds without the spear attack the stone horn gets neutered so id consider popping him in your list, he's never failed me when theres krumping to be done :)

with regards to the skal, Ill have to play test the mission with it but I've sort of identified it as a weak point for the list. Im currently working towards a tournament which allows 2 lists and my other one is more orruk oriented (still retain one of each beast) so I think id use that higher body count for that mission.

The above list should be god-tier for places of power though, looking forward to that one :)

@Mamble94 My thoughts exactly. I plan to pick up that icewind assault box, so I will mess around with all the models in it. Still enjoying my Ironjawz, so will probably have my Beastclaw as my winter project. Have had thoughts lately of replacing my megaboss on mawcrusher with a Frostlord on Stonehorn and running 30 savage orruk battleline over my ardboys in my Ironjawz list, just because he is so much better lol. 

Icewind assault is awesome, I have a mate with godrakk and my frost lord outperforms that in combat, if you get the charge 9 times out of 10 thats a dead fist of gork right there and the half wound mechanic means you'll still swing back if he charges you (he also over 200 points cheaper). I imagine a normal maw crusha despite being an amazing model would lose every time. Have you seen the braggoth beast hammer (I think thats the name) battalion, if you've already got gruntas that looks to be an absolutely amazing line breaker and makes the frost lord even better :)

Archived