Best Third Party Vampire Lords

ElectricPaladin

I originally posted this conversation in the Facebook group, but that was actually a really dumb idea, because now that I've got a little money, I can't find any of the links that anyone posted. So let's have it again here, where it's recorded for eternity!

Let's post links to cool third party vampire lords! Any kit is acceptable: on foot, on a nightmare, on a dragon, fixed pose or easily convertable... the only thing I'm particularly interested in is making sure that they are appropriately sized for Age of Sigmar (I got burned once by an awesome Reaper mini who looks like a tiny man-child compared to the rest of my collection).

I won't link to specific models because there are waaaay too many that would work, but I've always been partial to Dark Age figures and Confrontation figures:

http://dark-age.com/shop/

http://cadwallon.com/

Cawallon evidently has the license to the old Rackham IP for Confrontation so their recasts are legitimate. The other stuff they recast, however.....

I find that limiting myself to models marketed as Vampires is a totally unnecessary handicap. Any lithe, murderous looking, plate-armored human or elf figure is easy enough to paint up Vampy, and other models are only a small hand swap or tail chop away from the same.

2 minutes ago, Undead4Life said:

I find that limiting myself to models marketed as Vampires in a totally unnecessary handicap

That's part of why I started this thread - because lots of models can be vampires, but you don't always find them by searching "vampire." Do you have any favorites from those two lines?

As I'm browsing (for the millionth time) I actually just came across this one that I think would be a bad-ass, "Ms. Vampire to you" if I could find something to replace the gun hand:

dag1601.jpg

As for Confrontation, this dude seems purpose-built and this lady is straight BAMF:

34234_copy.jpg

img3d_001259_copy_1.jpg

5 hours ago, Undead4Life said:

As I'm browsing (for the millionth time) I actually just came across this one that I think would be a bad-ass, "Ms. Vampire to you" if I could find something to replace the gun hand:

dag1601.jpg

As for Confrontation, this dude seems purpose-built and this lady is straight BAMF:

34234_copy.jpg

img3d_001259_copy_1.jpg

I like the dude especially. I could put wings on him easily.

That actually looks pretty sweet! I think the left hand works great!

And Vamps can be buff, I think that's why I like that side of GA:Death the most; Vampires come in a wide array of styles. I personally like the Aristocracy incarnation, with fancy clothes and finery for everyday wear and expensive, baroque full-plate armor for battle. The Underworld prequel movie is great inspiration for that.

I've been working on my own slaughterpriest-to-winged-vampire-lord conversion, but I ended up tossing it in the box to work on later. I'm having a hard time with that left hand, too. It's not just in an odd pose, it's also disproportionate. That's fine for a Khornate model - it's supposed to be a mutation - but I don't think it looks good on a vampire. That means that I have to resculpt or replace the arm and the shoulder. But then I run up against the fact that the model is Bloodbound-scale, which means it's just big enough that none of the arms I can find elsewhere fit properly.

It's a pain. I decided to put it on the back-burner for a while.

44 minutes ago, ElectricPaladin said:

I've been working on my own slaughterpriest-to-winged-vampire-lord conversion, but I ended up tossing it in the box to work on later. I'm having a hard time with that left hand, too. It's not just in an odd pose, it's also disproportionate. That's fine for a Khornate model - it's supposed to be a mutation - but I don't think it looks good on a vampire. That means that I have to resculpt or replace the arm and the shoulder. But then I run up against the fact that the model is Bloodbound-scale, which means it's just big enough that none of the arms I can find elsewhere fit properly.

It's a pain. I decided to put it on the back-burner for a while.

Yep, know exactly what you mean, the arms don't look right but then if you change the arms the torso looks completely out.

I had the same thoughts but then I finished it as I got the model free and wasn't really too fussed about it not being perfect. I don't have another zombie lord except the vlozd (who will now look even wierder in scale!) so I can now try him out in a game

10 minutes ago, TerrorPenguin said:

Yep, know exactly what you mean, the arms don't look right but then if you change the arms the torso looks completely out.

I had the same thoughts but then I finished it as I got the model free and wasn't really too fussed about it not being perfect. I don't have another zombie lord except the vlozd (who will now look even wierder in scale!) so I can now try him out in a game

Not fussed, but I'm not going to waste time and bits on a model that I won't feel good about putting on the table!

• 1 month later...

Here's another question: has anyone got a good source specifically for mounted vampires without the horse. As in, let's say you've got a mount you already like - a GW zombie dragon, or a nightmare, or some other monster - and you want a rider and don't want to pay for an extra mount.

Thoughts?

Archived