Kruleboyz : what model do you think we can get ?

Grunbag

Hello . Starting this to share my expectations according to kruleboyz lore and design , which unit or model can we get from what I’ve read in book , battletome and warhammer community informations . 

Before starting , I wanted to summarize how kruleboyz unit design works . 
There is 4 tribes where the unit design is taken (do not confuse them with the subfaction which are just here for rules purpose and color scheme suggestion).So here the different tribes and get their specific aesthetics design 

Badstabbaz are the most populous of the tribes.
Role : basic warriors and infantry

Aesthetic You can recognize them to their brown/ dark leather clothe and metal armor , using usually sticka or Hakka weapons and scareshield .
Current Unit : In this tribe you can find the killabosses, Murknob , swampcalla shaman, gutrippaz and recently daggok warband . 

IMG_6956.jpeg.fcb6062727b5d1d8ef3bbab640e66af4.jpegIMG_6955.jpeg.1fd5f56782207980b769ddc94feb7dda.jpeg

Deffspikerz Is the ranged and engineering tribe .
Role : they build long range weapon and all sort of engineering because they are too lazy to run and fight .
Aesthetic : You can recognize them to their grey leather clothe and their closed helmet , and they use ranged weapons .
Current Unit : In this tribe you can find the beastskewer Killbow and boltboyz .

IMG_6957.jpeg.2f08bdf42766208d92ceec0fd2e41aa3.jpegIMG_6958.png.dbe042d439a69bcdca424deb50a86acb.png

Gitsnatchaz are known even among kruleboyz for their dark ingenuity.

Role : They captive and slave enemies and monsters.

Aesthetic You can recognize them to their black leather clothes with little spike on them , and the keys and padlock all on them . They use chain and manstappa weapons. 
Current Unit : In this tribe you can find swampboss skumdrekk , snatchaboss , marshcrawla sloggoth and mannok da kunnin warband.

IMG_6965.jpeg.8f169e14fa550ba0a5d675fcfa1c0e3b.jpegIMG_6964.jpeg.870d23edec01b9a479ffb9244561cf03.jpegIMG_6959.png.6bb78a981de5ac0a80d60aa1bb71578b.png

Beast-Breakaz tribe is a more savage tribe

Role: they hunt and docile monsters to ride them or give them to gitsnatcha menagerie . Aesthetic You can recognize them to their pelt clothes , wearing skull helm and jaw .
Current Unit : In this tribe you can find breaka boss , and monsta killaz . 
IMG_6967.jpeg.72b619e6a8ee0ac7d45ec18dd12fa5a7.jpegIMG_6970.jpeg.13c107c010f359bf8da150fb88cc6ebf.jpegIMG_6969.jpeg.a1a65ae354e9f41a25226ace874b4c84.jpegIMG_6968.jpeg.ca8210a679d34d4ec2dd8709817169d1.jpeg

So now that kruleboyz different design are more clear , let see what is mentioned in the lore or mini design so we can start guess what’s could be released later .

Badstabbaz 

- Gnashtoof pack with a gnashtoof master is something we could certainly get , they specified in the battletome that they use pack of gnashtoof to hunt .
At the opposite , currently in the lore only Killaboss ride gnahstoof , so I am unsure we will ever have a gnashtoof cav unit . 

- Killaboss on great gnashtoof : yes we already got him , but he still don’t have a stand alone box . So I’m expecting a multikit option once they launch the box . Maybe the kit could add an alternative gnashtoof head and an alternative killaboss torso and head (why not borgukk??)

- 3 model Elite unit armed with Bita-flail similar to this unit IMG_6971.jpeg.109f850a4593012f9864bcd0bd5847f3.jpeg

Deff spikerz :

- One boltboyz boss . I can see a boltboyz leader / hero joining kruleboyz 

- Underworld boltboyz warband is something we can get too

- Cogfort mentioned in kruleboyz lore « The wealthiest of the Deff Spikerz travel in captured Cogforts which have been heavily modified. These contain firing gantries armed with beast-skewer killbows and massive winch-driven mega-choppas that can smash defences and cut down giant monsters »

Gitsnatchaz menagerie: 

- Toad wyvern (I really pray for a toad wyvern riders cav unit)

- Quagmire Gargant

- Mire Drakes

- Elite unit of 5 models based on this model IMG_6959.png.6bb78a981de5ac0a80d60aa1bb71578b.png

Beast-Breakaz :

- The gnashtoof Hunt pack mentioned above could be beast breakaz themed too 

- toad wyvern rider can be from beats breakaz too

- Monsta Killaz can be repacked for AoS box without the baboon . 

Left the Hobgrots but I don’t see their roster being expanded for now . 

Kruleboyz Rumor engine :

from my perspective , here the rumor engine that could be kruleboyz 

IMG_6972.jpeg.de51da09151e14099b4390891ab10780.jpegIMG_6973.png.3b6a5c743da2182fe11af16a1e28634d.pngIMG_6974.png.a655eb5dec8360db329e9a33626f13e5.png

What model do you think we can get , and in which tribes would you design them ? 

• Like 1

Badstabbaz:

I can see a two handed great weapon unit being added but hope it's more than just three. It's pretty ridiculous that boltboyz are three to a box as is, imo, and too expensive for a single sprue kit with zero load out options. 

Maybe I missed it but were does it say that "only" killaboss ride gnashtoof? I definitely want a three man murknob gnashtoof kit. Also I'd be pleasantly surprised by a stand-alone multi kit with different options but this is orruks we're discussing and not stormies. I wouldn't hold your breath. 

An idea I had was for a small band or even a single hero of trap grots that could be hidden away like fanatics or used as "go-fer" elixir/potion carriers from a far off swampcalla. 

Deffspikerz:

A murknob ranged veteran hero and whilst continuing with the theme it would have a plink grot companion with a little bolter of its own. 

More siege equipment. 

I'd prefer the cogfort stay out my swamp but it's a cool bit of lore. 

Gitsnatchaz:

A big gnarly swamp Buffalo used as a transport and support piece. 

A sloggoth lurker. A single sloggoth and grot handler that you set up in ambush.

Beast Breakaz:

I really like the howlaz and I'd love to see a hunting pack of them over gnashtoof actually. Fast attack like new kroot hounds. 

A midrange scouting / hunting unit of bow weilding kruleboyz. 

Slightly smaller two model unit of mirebrute troggs with or without riders to accompany the breaka boss. If with rider put two orruks on there like how the stonehorn kit works.  

Extra:

I'd love to see an updated fellwater kit that's cross faction able or some equivalent. 

🖤 Mirebrute Hag generic or character model.🖤 The gits have their king so we'll take the queen. 😍

Hobgrot expansion. 

This is just a few off the top of my head. 

Keep em krule and keep em comin, geedubs. 🤘💚🤘

Edited by Vasshpit
  • LOVE IT! 1

6 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

:Maybe I missed it but were does it say that "only" killaboss ride gnashtoof? I definitely want a three man murknob gnashtoof kit. Also I'd be pleasantly surprised by a stand-alone multi kit with different options but this is orruks we're discussing and not stormies. I wouldn't hold your breath. 

Here

Smallest Gnashtoofs are used by Kruleboyz for dog-fights and hounding prisoners during blood hunts. Larger Gnashtoofs are used by mounts by the Killabosses who must first ride off a rodeo on the beast to claim it.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

It's subjective I suppose but that doesn't really state that "only" killaboss ride them. 

Nice list of ideas though. 👍

Yes , they still can add “medium” gnashtoof 😂

About great gnashtoof , if you look at the sprue, if you remove the murknob and boltboyz from it , there’s quite lot of space left for additional pieces .So it’s totally possible they fill that sprue space with more customization option for great gnashtoof . That would be super neat . 

A swampcalla shaman warband for would be super cool addition  !!  

i also read in “War at the Amberstone Watch” : « An alliance of bosses helped Gazog to gain all the materials with the ruler of Weeping Fangz claiming leadership by offering the tongue of the elder Toad Dragon Slaugoloth which had been killed by luring it into a trap of duardin-forged spike bombs »

So there is Toad dragon in the swamp ? IMG_6977.jpeg.9298c38198a35e340c10d5d599c81d15.jpegIMG_6978.png.d4cee890e839b6c6981ecd3d80e156c3.png

• Like 1

The Abomination/Retch campaign unit from Realms of Ruin could be a good candidate.

Massive swamp blob puppeteering skeletons and monster bones to make up it’s grotesque gelatinous body powered by Mork’s Breath.

image0.jpg?ex=65d6b95c&is=65c4445c&hm=64
image.jpeg.d2428a71d01c057143af34f8b2001983.jpeg

And with that the big spell the support spell could  be a Kragnos totem that generates an earthquake causing -1 To Hit by enemy troops in it’s proximity(and damages those in cover) while the mid-spell is a Amber Net flying up from a fissure used to drag down flying monsters(represents the Kragnos blessings in Soulbound which are obviously anti-dragon miracles)

Terrain could be a swamp bunker that allow Kruleboyz to go underground and teleport to a heavy terrain piece with a defense buff for their Vietcong tactics.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

Here's one for you. A rumor of a return to endless spells and faction terrain returning was recently shared. 

What could Kruleboyz get for these?

I have no idea about what kruleboyz might get . maybe something related to bugz, fog and noisy spell to match all the 3 subfactions . 

But if they stay in orruk warclans , the endless spell and terrain won’t be swamp themed , as it should fit the other warclans aswell . 

Our best hope is that warclan are getting splitted in V4 . Or at least kruleboyz . Bonespliters and ij can still stay as orruk warclan I don’t mind . 

3 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

The Abomination/Retch campaign unit from Realms of Ruin could be a good candidate.

Massive swamp blob puppeteering skeletons and monster bones to make up it’s grotesque gelatinous body powered by Mork’s Breath.

image0.jpg?ex=65d6b95c&is=65c4445c&hm=64
image.jpeg.d2428a71d01c057143af34f8b2001983.jpeg

And with that the big spell the support spell could  be a Kragnos totem that generates an earthquake causing -1 To Hit by enemy troops in it’s proximity(and damages those in cover) while the mid-spell is a Amber Net flying up from a fissure used to drag down flying monsters(represents the Kragnos blessings in Soulbound which are obviously anti-dragon miracles)

Terrain could be a swamp bunker that allow Kruleboyz to go underground and teleport to a heavy terrain piece with a defense buff for their Vietcong tactics.

I’d love a terrain that increase their mobility 

I really don't know what I'd like for endless spells?... Sylvaneth have some interesting ones that could be used as inspiration. 

A summoned swamp bug

A nuisance hoard of swamp insects. 

A "living" murderous swamp tree. 

As far as terrain goes I'd prefer traps that can be used in actual gameplay as opposed to something we just plop on the table. Or some kind of watchtower we can "build" to place boltboys in for a fat range bonus. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

I really don't know what I'd like for endless spells?... Sylvaneth have some interesting ones that could be used as inspiration. 

A summoned swamp bug

A nuisance hoard of swamp insects. 

A "living" murderous swamp tree. 

As far as terrain goes I'd prefer traps that can be used in actual gameplay as opposed to something we just plop on the table. Or some kind of watchtower we can "build" to place boltboys in for a fat range bonus. 

That supposed kruleboyz get their own battletome. Otherwise, endless spell might be similar to Gloomspite . 3 spells models  with one model for each warclan : one model for kruleboyz , one for IJ and one for BS . But that would sucks really 

• Like 2

In regards to terrain something I just thought of imo could be super fun and sneaky. 

Imagine four little swampy foxhole looking models. Before deployment place four of these on board and not in opponents terrain. Write down which two contain reserve units and deepstrike so to speak some sneaky boyz right into your opponents face!!

Whatcha think?

6 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

In regards to terrain something I just thought of imo could be super fun and sneaky. 

Imagine four little swampy foxhole looking models. Before deployment place four of these on board and not in opponents terrain. Write down which two contain reserve units and deepstrike so to speak some sneaky boyz right into your opponents face!!

Whatcha think?

If like this turn to be a core mechanic of kruleboyz like reworked dirty tricks . But the idea of traps and ambush is definitely what kruleboyz needs. Some dynamics tactic each turn or related to heroes similar to CoS orders would be Interesting 

• Like 2