Where to start with Chaos.

Razor32

Hi Guys, 

I have a 2000 points in ironjawz, and bonesplittaz. And no i am needing a break from painting Orruks. I was thinking about going into Chaos. But being new to the game and i dont have the grand alliance book for Chaos i am struggling to figure out the best place to start. 

Is the slaves to darkness my best bet? I am looking into a little 1000 point army, and i also have the stuff from Silver Tower. But after reading it seems Khorne is the way to go, but i think alot are playing them, and i prefer the slaves to darkness i think. Will either of them be a good entry to Chaos? I mostly just play friendly games, so i dont need the most competetive. 

Sorry if asked before, but where to start into these guys, ohh and nurgle is a no go, my mate plays em'  

Cheers

If you are looking to get into Chaos the start collecting boxes are really good value. The Khorne/Nurgle Daemon ones are a good start, as is the Bloodbound and Skaven. Also if you can find someone who wants to go halves on the Age of Sigmar starter box you get some great Bloodbound for an awesome price.

As Chaos has so many factions inside it you could also just get a few heroes from each range and pick the one you enjoyed painting the most.

I think, that was the little confusing part for me about Chaos with all the factions. Anyhow i got ahead of myself and got 2 start collecting, one STD, one Khorne bloodbound, the board game Gore Choosen for the hero value and found a bloodsecrator and mighty lord of a friend of mine. So i think i have a good base to choose from and find my way into this faction. Thanks for all the help guys, and i will be looking out for tips in this darkside of the forums.

The best thing about Slaves to Darkness is that they work well with any Chaos army. Since you bought a set of Khorne Bloodbound you can assign Khorne as their God in one game and if you want to to use the Tzeench stuff from Silver Tower pull out your Slaves to Darkness and say they are working for Tzeench now. 

Welcome to The Red Path youngling. Soon you will set aside the fake benefits offered by the lesser pantheon and embrace your true calling.

Sounds like you made a good start there, lots of options and good ones too. You also have the benefit that your mate plays nurgle so if you find a doubles tournament you fancy you have a ready made ally.

Enjoy the game!

Archived