Question: Rampage & Movement Limitations

Tinniez

I have a rules question regarding the updated Rampage ability and would love to hear other's thoughts. Namely, does the new Rampage ability:

1) Restrict the fighter's bonus move action to whichever is lower between the fighter's movement characteristic or the value of the ability?

OR

2) Cap the fighter's bonus move action at the ability value of the Rampage, regardless of the fighter's movement characteristic?

Post-errata, Rampage reads:

[Quad] Rampage: This fighter can make a bonus move action up to a number of inches equal to the value of this ability. Then, they can make a bonus attack action.

The rules for movement read:

When a fighter makes a move action, there are 4 ways in which they can move: move normally, jump, climb and fly. A fighter can move in any combination of these ways as part of a single move action, so long as the total distance in inches moved does not exceed the fighter’s Move characteristic.

What do you think?

Edited by Tinniez

The way I read it, I reckon it'd be 1).

The fighter is making a bonus "move action" and, under Move Action in Core Rules, it mentions 3 times that this action is limited by the Move characteristic.

I reckon if the designers intended it to work like 2) they would have worded it similar to: "This fighter can make a bonus move action where their Move characteristic is equal to the value of this ability."