Brayherd 1000P

Johann

Hi,

i´m attending a small tournament soon and i need some input for an army list.

It´s a fun tournament (without lists like discussed lately in this section) and i don´t expect to win, but i want to be a decent opponent :)

My list:

Leaders:

- Gorthor

- Bray Shaman

- Wargor Standard Bearer

Units:

- 30 Gors (Gor Blades)

- 20 Bestigors

- 20 Ungors (Spears)

Exactly 1000 P

I like the body count and with the buffs from Gorthor, BSB and anarchy from the Gors i have lots of attacks, which should deal some damage. The army is really fast with the 3" from the Bray Shaman and the run and charge from the 3 Units. I think, i will struggle with high armour armies, because i have no mortal wounds (Gorthor has some) und no -2 Rend. As stated above, i don´t expect to win (don´t know if it´s possible with Brayherds and my bad dice luck), but 1-2 minor victories/draws would be fine.

I actually don´t know, if the compendium is allowed, so perhaps i can´t use Gorthor and Wargor Bearer. if this is the case, i really don´t know any good concept. Normally i play with some Behemonth and monsters like Dragon Oger Shaggoth, Ghorghon and/or Chaos Trolls, but i´m not shure, they are worth their points. I like the models, but they have bad armour saves and die relativly fast because they are always in the focus.

I have, besides the units above, the following:

- Shaman

- 2 Beastlords

- 10 Ungor Raiders

- Giant

- Ghorghon

- 1 more Chariot

- 5 Centigors

- Dragon Oger Shaggoth

- 3 Chaos trolls

- 10 Chaos hounds

- 3 Chaos Ogers

- Some more Gors (hardly 10)

So, if somebody has some better ideas (without buying more models) and/or an idea for an army without Gorthor&Standard Bearer, i´m listening :)

I would splitt the gor units, drop 10 ungors and run the furiuos brayherd if compendium is allowed. The idea being that you use smash the opponent with the buffed up bestigor unit and gorthor and use the rest as chaft or run and capture/threaten objectives with them.

If compendium is not allowed I would make room for the ghorgon because its cool and actualy quite good in a glass hammer kind of way.

8 hours ago, Andreas said:

I would splitt the gor units, drop 10 ungors and run the furiuos brayherd if compendium is allowed. The idea being that you use smash the opponent with the buffed up bestigor unit and gorthor and use the rest as chaft or run and capture/threaten objectives with them.

If compendium is not allowed I would make room for the ghorgon because its cool and actualy quite good in a glass hammer kind of way.

The furiuos Brayherd is a nice Option, i ask, if it's allowed, but i guess compendium in general stays forbidden and  they just will be exceptions for TK/Brets and perhaps single Units, no formations.?

But it would be nice to deploy the Army in two drops, Would be really helpful. 

i agree on the Ghorghon (Love the huge Model!) Without compendium i would play perhaps:

- beastlord

- shaman

- 10 Ungors 

- 30 Gors

- 20 Bestigors

- ghorgon 

or put in another beastlord and split the Gors into 10/20 and no Ungors. But with 30 Gors and 20 bestigors i feel more powerful.

Compendium is generally allowed! Otherwise you'll have Moonclan players getting drunk on fungus brew and wrecking the place. There's no good reason for banning them. A whole load of perfectly valid armies (regular Orruks) become unplayable without the Compendium - we should be trying to encourage people with such armies to start playing AoS and rebase, not turning them away at the gate. Certainly all GW official events will include them.

I wouldn't bother with the ungor. They're a hindrance to movement and little else. Get your gor and bestigor as buffed and smashy as you can. Assuming compendiums are allowed, model one of your beastlords with a banner to get the +1 to wound in addition to the +1 to hit from you lord.

On 1. Oktober 2016 at 9:39 AM, Nico said:

Compendium is generally allowed! Otherwise you'll have Moonclan players getting drunk on fungus brew and wrecking the place. There's no good reason for banning them. A whole load of perfectly valid armies (regular Orruks) become unplayable without the Compendium - we should be trying to encourage people with such armies to start playing AoS and rebase, not turning them away at the gate. Certainly all GW official events will include them.

That isn't helpful at all... It's not my decision and i'm happy to have at least one Shop with small tournaments....

And to be honest, i don't think that every scroll from the compendium should be used. For example if there is a newer one in the Battletomes, that should be the one. But this is a Thread for my Army List and not a discussion of using the compendium (i know there different opinions and that's fine!).

21 hours ago, hobgoblinclub said:

I wouldn't bother with the ungor. They're a hindrance to movement and little else. Get your gor and bestigor as buffed and smashy as you can. Assuming compendiums are allowed, model one of your beastlords with a banner to get the +1 to wound in addition to the +1 to hit from you lord.

I don't like Ungors either, but the 20 points more for Gors is the problem. If i take just Gors, i have to Split in 20/10 Gors and it's loosing the bonus an anarchie to fast. And with the 60points more, for not taking Ungors, i just can buy a chariot or Ungors?

Archived