My Skyborne Slayers refined 2k list

Dracothjay

Hi all, I've been switching units in and out using the SS battalion and after 3 games of using this list I have come to the conclusion that I think it's worthy for tournament play. I haven't lost a game with it yet! The list is:

Lord celestant

knight venator

celestant prime

5 judicators

5 judicators

5 liberators

5 liberators 

5 decimators 

5 protectors

2 fulminators

3 prosecutors with hammers.

i accept the fact that 5 decimators 5 protectors isn't much, I could bulk them out, but as we drop our forces when we want I'm always garuanteed my choice in combat. Time after time my fulminators reinforce right at the last minute and save the day.

turn 3 I drop my prime and by that time most of the enemies forces (and mine) have been whittled down. I aim for pivotal points with my prime, be it a wounded general/hero or a unit holding an objective. He is immense! 

My knight venator.....well, let's just say he always performs for me. He mainly hunts low save wizards or characters and one shots every time. I know a lot of people don't like him as his unpredictability is not a reliable points investment, but he provides extra shooting in my shooting phase.

i would say my shooting phase is my strongest phase as I have my venator, celestant on foot, celestant prime, judciators, prosecutors and fulminators. Focusing a major target with all of that usually results with bad news for my opponent.

feel free guys to pick this list apart, but I'm feeling this list and it's working for me. If anyone has their preferred tourney lists then drop it below. I enjoy discussion. Thanks.

It looks pretty strong. You don't deploy at first meaning if someone has a sneaky mortal wound spam turn 1 list you've got options. It's mobile (less so once deployed).

It's aggressive with waves (3?) of assault:

SS drop

Fulminators

Prime

Then you've a bunch of shooting.

I want something a bit more friendly for my first tourney, which I hear can be quite relaxed.

So I would rather have a great time and some close games than risk apologising for my list with new faces. Still I want options in case I meet someone with a gleam in their eye and a real competitive mentality.

I also have to go with what I own and have painted (or will in time, 5 judicators nearly finished!)

Leaders
Lord Celestant (100)
- General
- Trait: Reckless
- Artefact: Obstinate Blade
Lord Celestant On Dracoth (220)
- Artefact: Quicksilver Potion
Lord Relictor (80)

Units
Judicators x 5 (160)
- Skybolt Bows
Judicators x 5 (160)
- Skybolt Bows
Liberators x 5 (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
Prosecutors with Celestial Hammers x 3 (100)
Paladin Retributors x 10 (440)
Paladin Decimators x 5 (200)
Concussors x 2 (280)
Gryph-Hound x 1 (40)

Behemoths

War Machines

Batallions
Hammerstrike Force (120)

Total: 2000/2000

So other options I've entertained include:

• Swap decimators for protectors
  • Drop concussors and take another pure damage hero (tempted with an extra LCoD - maybe 3! - or a venator)
  • Drop concussors and take another squad of liberators and another character for the numbers
  • Try to work in a Vex
  • Try to build around a stardrake (would probably require new list tbh).

I tend to drop SS turn 2, unless like last nights match against high elves where my opponent brought an all cav/dragon list I dropped them turn one and tied all his cav up for the whole match so he couldn't benefit from their charging buffs. 

Prime came down turn 2 as he needed to come in then. 4 attacks isn't great, but he nailed the dragon in one turn with some help from shooting. Everything I though with my list synergises well.

as for your comment about protectors, I'd almost always take them as you are garuanteed the attacks, especially tourney play as your going in blind and don't know if there will be horde armies for your decimators. 

If you take a stardrake, and I've thought about this also, then I'd recommend 4 concussors/fulminators with a heraldor and castallant. Fill up on cheap battle line units. I've seen this list tear through sooooooo many power charged armies. I just can't seem to find the courage to take a stardrake as it costs so darn much in points, and it's not even that killy!

Archived