Can allied Fyreslayer Priests cast the Fyreslayers invocations?

Lord Krungharr

Question

1 answer to this question

If you're trying to get to the FAQ page directly, try going from the Warhammer-Community homepage, the URL was updated lately and that might fix your problem.

As for your question, I can see two potential things you're asking here:

1. Can I bring a Fyreslayer priest in a different faction's army and chant a Fyreslayer invocation with it?
  2. Can I bring a different faction's priest into a Fyreslayer army and chant a Fyreslayer invocation with it?

For question 1, the answer is practically, no. FAQ 27.1 says:

Q: Can I include endless spells, invocations and faction terrain features from an allied faction or a faction from which I can include coalition in my army?
A: No, unless specifically noted otherwise.

So while the Fyreslayer priest isn't *technically* prevented from chanting invocation prayers while allied, you can't bring any fyreslayer invocations into a different faction.

For question 2, the answer seems to be yes. Faction-specific endless spells and other factions' invocations all have a clause that says "Only [Faction] Wizards may attempt to summon this endless spell."/"Only [Faction] Priests can attempt to summon this invocation" but there is no such clause on the Fyreslayer invocations and it doesn't seem to have been updated in the FAQ. I could be missing something but I've checked core rules, the tome, and the fyreslayer/core FAQs.

Edited by Dogmantra
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2