Hedonites of Slaanesh : Reinforced Chariot units

Percussigant

Question

The battletome clearly states that the "impact abilities" of the various chariot units are unit-dependent (as opposed to model-dependent). In other words, a reinforced unit of 3 chariots would not hit any harder with its impact ability (be it Soulscent, Excess of Blades or Mutilating Blades) than a unit made of a single chariot. Is is an oversight, is it intentional, or am I misunderstanding something ? 

Edited by Percussigant

3 answers to this question

It's pretty standard for impact abilities, especially those that key off the charge roll. There are a few that care about unit size, but many of them don't. Given the models are chariots and are able to be run as singles, I think the intent is for the ability to work at full power for an unreinforced unit, but regardless, as you say the battletome is pretty clear about how it works.

I can't say if it was an oversight or intentional but I can say that the trigger is indeed per unit, meaning that if two units of 1 seeker chariot charge the same enemy it triggers twice, while if one units of 2 seeker chariots charges an enemy it triggers once. Hellmower ability triggers along the same lines, though as a sidenote it is not an 'impact' ability as it simply goes off at the start of the combat phase regardless of charge status.

Really it just hammers home that it is not worth reinforcing those chariot units.