Escalating with Mega Gargants and Cursed City. Back to the hoby sicnce 6ed

Kokaka

Hi All.

So I have decided to yet again, come back to the hobby after a long Hiatus. 

My choise of army fell unexpectivly on the Soulblight Gravelords (Been an Eldar/High elf player for life) but I guess we all grow up.

Anyway, Looking around, I have found so much fun conversions with the current range and this has got me thinking of a really interesting army, from an artist point of view.

My Idea is to take the Cursed City and make it bigger, badder and hopefully Better. 

The core of the concept will be Radukan the Wolf and a Zombie centric theme. The centerpiece of the army will be a converted Zombie Mega Gargant, who accompany smaller Zombies and Medium Zombies in the Kosargi Night Guard, with some extra units sprinkled here and there as filler + what comes with the boxes.

I make this as an Escalating project and hopefully, I can join my local gaming group and get some games in. There is a big convention/tournament coming up May so hopefully I can attend this.

The Boxes I will buy will be the following:

1x Deathrattle Skeleton Box

1x Zombie Box

1x Cursed City Box

1x Vengorian Lord (Will convert into a Terror Gheist)

1x Mega Gargant Box

Any extras I might need

500.p List

Radukar the Wolf

20x Deadwalker Zombies

20x Deadwalker Zombies

10x Detathrattle Skeletons

470.p Total

1000.p List

Radukar the Wolf

One-Y'Eyed Grunnock - Warstomper Mercinary

20x Deadwalker Zombies

20x Deadwalker Zombies

20x Detathrattle Skeletons

1000.p Total

1500.p List

Radukar the Wolf

One-Y'Eyed Grunnock - Warstomper Mercinary

Terror Gheist

20x Deadwalker Zombies

20x Deadwalker Zombies

20x Detathrattle Skeletons

4x Kosargi Night Guard

1475.p Total

2000.p List

Radukar the Wolf

Torgillius the Chamberlain

Wight King or Watch Captain Halagrim

One-Y'Eyed Grunnock - Warstomper Mercenary

Terror Gheist

20x Deadwalker Zombies

20x Deadwalker Zombies

30x Detathrattle Skeletons

4x Kosargi Night Guard

3x Vyrkos Blood Borne

3x Vyrkos Blood Borne

So Yeah. This is pretty much my Idea, using alot of models that I will get from the Cursed City box and the army will have a nice theme to it.

How it workes on the battle field, I have no Idea.

Any tips, tricks or optimisation strategies will be greatly appreciated. Will have no problem swapping out some units.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, El Syf said:

Love the concept of this! Very thematic too! The only thing I might suggest is taking a generic vampire lord/necromancer/eight king to make use of the command traits and artefacts as they can be quite beneficial. :)

Thanks. 

Yes this concept is what has brought me back to the hobby. Will be a blast to build/paint.

About the generic Hero. 

Which one do you think will work best in this type of army?

I can easily swap out Radukar at both 500 and 1000,p for a Generic Vampire (Love the model by the way)

Then at 1500 points and Upwards. I need to take Radukar to make the Kosargi Nightguard a viable option. However I donw know which is best inbetween the 3 heroes you suggested so any help will be appreciated

There’s others on here who get a lot more games in than I do and would be better able to advise you than me. However, the vampire lord is the most survivable out of the three and can boost the attacks characteristic of summonable units which would work well with the army lists you’ve got.  EDIT: Just checked Radukars warscroll and found out he can give +1 attack to any unit! You might be better off sticking with him to be fair!

You’d probably want to go for the Vykros dynasty too as Radukar is Vykros and that all ties in nicely thematically.

Edited by El Syf

Thanks for all the input.

Is there any benifits of having 2 extra heroes in this list, rules and optimisation wise. Like Radukar The Wolf, Torgillius the Chamberlain, Vampire Lord and a Necromancer?

I have the points and can make some mini swaps to make it happen.

Will for sure go with Vyrkos. Thematic and nice. The Cursed City is marching to War!

Also because I will go Vyrkos. I have come up with 2 nice conversions, in theory. 

Take the normal Vampire Lord, remove the mace and give her a Nighthaunt Bladegheist Sword buy a spare Radukar the Wolf, remove the wolf cloak and attatch.

Also for Grave Guard. Take normal deathrattle skeletons, give them Nightgaunt Bladegaists swords, find som 3'rd party company that makes wolf cloaks, add another helm. Normal Grave Guard is not the coolest but im sure there are some really nice ones out there.

Edited by Kokaka
  • Like 1

I always try to have as many heroes as I can squeeze in at any level, the 6+ ward save units get for being within 12 inches, magic and their own command abilities etc. 

Those are some awesome conversion ideas please post some pics once you get underway. :)

16 minutes ago, El Syf said:

I always try to have as many heroes as I can squeeze in at any level, the 6+ ward save units get for being within 12 inches, magic and their own command abilities etc. 

Those are some awesome conversion ideas please post some pics once you get underway. :)

Thanks. Has helped alot in how to think. Greatly appreciated