Skaven slaves - Totally useless in AOS ?

Ferrus65

Thinking about starting a Clan Rictus Army it would be nice to have some goblin slaves, but the question for more experienced skaven players it's: are they useful in today's game?

Rest of the army would be of course black fur stormvermins (many stormvermins), clan rats, and maybe some kind of gobbo warmachine as army weapon team: for example I saw a very nice Mantic goblin warmachine (I don't remember the name) that would be an interesting alternative to a warp grinder team..

Not at all! In a couple of my very first games of AoS, I found slaves to be my best unit.

Take them in a massive block. Have a skaven chieftain with battle standard plant his banner nearby and you've got lots of attacks, rerolling 1s to hit.

Add a Warlord's command ability and you'll be kicking out decent damage. 60 slaves with the extra attack would do 180 attacks. Rerolling the 1s should mean about 80 hits, which should covert to 40 wounds (if my maths isn't wonky). Obviously this assumes you can get anywhere near all of them into combat at the same time.

Kicking out that many attacks and having 60 immune to battleshock wounds makes them a more than useful unit, if you ask me.

Archived