Garrison and Arkanaut Ironclad

Griswolf

Question

According to the warscroll : This model (Arkanaut Ironclad) can fly, and can be garrisoned by up to 25 friendly MARINE models even though it is not a terrain feature. 

According to the Core rules: During deployment, a friendly unit can be set up in a defensible terrain feature’s garrison if the terrain feature is wholly within an area in which friendly units can be set up.

Can I set an Ironclad first in my deployment area and then - garrison it with my units during the deployment?

1 answer to this question

Yes, you can.

There is even a FAQ making it clear that you can set up a unit in a Skyvessel even if both are set up at the same time* using a Battle Regiment:

Q: If a unit with the Flying Transport rule is in the Battle Regiment core battalion, can other units from the same battalion be set up inside that unit’s garrison when that battalion is set up?

A: Yes.

*Take in mind that one-drop battalions are still set-up one at time: "If a core battalion has the Unified icon (see below), then after you set up a unit from the battalion, you must set up all of the other units from the battalion, one after the other, and you are not allowed to set up units that are not part of the battalion until all of the units in the battalion have been set up."