Light of Eltharion

tjbogardus

Question

I am fairly new to AOS and am running Lumineth Realm Lords. I have a question about The Light of Eltharion's Spirit Armor. When it says: halve the damage inflicted by attacks made with missile weapons or melee weapons that target this model." It sounds like it means you take all the damage and then halve it. Or do you halve each individual attack? So if Eltharion gets hit by 6 missile attacks that are 1 damage each, does he take 3 (6 halved) or does he take 6 (each attack halved to .5, round up to 1)?

1 answer to this question

He halves the damage of each individual attack, so six Damage 1 attacks would remain Damage 1 (as you round up after halving) and consequently if he were to suffer, for example, three Damage 2 attacks, he would halve each of those individual attacks to Damage 1. 

To put it more simply, the rules of the game are designed around resolving each individual attack seperately, so rules like Eltharion's Spirit Armor typically always work the way I described above.