Rules question - Improving Ishlaen save throw.

Jedi_Keybo

Question

In the new IDK tome the wording for the rules of biovoltaic barrier have been been changed.

Whereas previously it was "ignore the rend characteristic of attacks..." 

It is now "Ignore modifiers (positive and negative) to save rolls for attacks that target this unit."

This casts doubt on whether or not they get the save throw bonus from the Leviadon's void drum ability, when previously they got it. The way I read it (in mtg terms) is that because they are not being targeted they would still get the bonus. My brother plays nighthaunt and assures me that they wouldn't get the buff as this new wording is the same as on his ghosties. 

1 answer to this question

1 hour ago, Jedi_Keybo said:

In the new IDK tome the wording for the rules of biovoltaic barrier have been been changed.

Whereas previously it was "ignore the rend characteristic of attacks..." 

It is now "Ignore modifiers (positive and negative) to save rolls for attacks that target this unit."

This casts doubt on whether or not they get the save throw bonus from the Leviadon's void drum ability, when previously they got it. The way I read it (in mtg terms) is that because they are not being targeted they would still get the bonus. My brother plays nighthaunt and assures me that they wouldn't get the buff as this new wording is the same as on his ghosties. 

Your brother is right :)

It doesn't matter whether or not they are "targeted" by the Leviadon ability (also, the point you are quoting is referring to the attacks that target the eels, not the effects). Their warscroll says that when you are rolling save rolls for the ishlaen guard you must "ignore modifiers". The +1 from the Leviadon is a "modifier", so you must ignore it.

Edited by Marcvs
  • Like 1