Slaves to darkness faction advice

Duncan

Hey everyone, 

Just looking for some advice on faction, artifacts, spells etc that would be best for the models i have. Usually a very casual gamer but want to start winning some games!  What I have to work with are 

Chaos sorcerer lord on manticore 

Lord on karkadrak

Sorcerer on foot

Demon prince

Chaos warshrine 

20x chaos warriors

10x chaos knights 

I also have a few khorne units that could be allied in including

Bloodsecrator, bloodstoker, aspiring deathbringer, slaughter priest, bloodwarriors and bloodreavers. 

Any advice would be great I'm looking to build a 1000 and 2000pt list. 

• 3 weeks later...

I've found Tzeentch to be a fun game.  

For 1,000 points here is what I use (I have a couple of Marauder units and Iron Golems to choose from though)

Ravagers: (all models with the Mark of Tzeentch)

Sorcerer Lord on Manticore (270) - General, Master of Deception, Mark of the High Favored; Whispers of Chaos

Sorcerer Lord on foot (135) - Bolstered by Hate; Mask of Darkness

1 units of warriors with Shields (200)

1 units of Knights w/ Lances (170)

1 unit of Knights w/ Lances (170)

Chaos Spawn (55)

With the Mark of Tzeentch, you can reroll some saves so you're more resilient.  Mark of the High Favored allows you extra space for your auras on your lord.  Whispers is good for pinning large units in place.  With the foot sorceror, you have the option of casting Mystic Shield or Mask if you need to move elsewhere on the board.  When I play this list, I like to summon more bodies so I get a unit of marauders to sit on my back objective or I'll put them on an objective on the flank to get the points.

At 2,000 points I like to have a couple of units that are designated as Hammers or Anvils.  The Warriors w/ shields are pretty good anvil units but you need something like Varanguard or Archaon as a strong hammer unit.  My old Slaves army was based on the Mark of Tzeentch.  With the latest points updates, its just over 2,000 points so I need to reconfigure it.  It won more games than it lost but you had to play cagey with it - even moreso if Archaon dies.  I like to keep the Manticore close but not too close.  Use the Warriors to hold objectives, Knights to contest, and Varanguard to take them.  Archaon needs to stay near the Chaos Lord so if he does fight, he can fight again.

Archaon

Sorceror Lord on Manticore

Sorcerer Lord on Foot 

Chaos Lord

Varanguard

Knights

Warriors

• 2 weeks later...

Ive had a bit of success with this 1K list lately;

Between the Despoilers healing, Radiance of Dark Glory and Heroic Recovery there is a fair amount of healing which is great against Nurgle and other armies that spray the mortal wounds around (not to mention there are a few 5+ wards in there too). Doombringer Blade goes on your opponent's big beastie or elite unit and then charge in with the lance knights. When inside the daemon prince's aura of khorne and Aspiring Deathrbinger's +1 attack aura plus all out attack and full rerolls they are going to delete anything. 

Sorcerer on Manticore can do work, especially if he gets flaming weapon onto the claws while winds of chaos is great for dealing with any horde units your opponent might have. If you need a road block, put mystic shield, oracular visions and all out defence on the ensorcelled weapon knights and they will hold against most things (especially since hunters stops monsters from roaring/stomping them).

The Furies are amazing for taking objectives and are very useful for battle tactics. The daemon prince can make a terrain piece block line of sight if you need to avoid some shooting or line of sight magic. The army typically plays pretty defensive, using the DP's command ability to keep the enemy at bay until you are ready to engage with your buffs up. 

Allegiance: Slaves to Darkness
- Damned Legion: Despoilers
- Grand Strategy: Hold the Line

Slaves to Darkness Daemon Prince (210)*
- General
- Sword
- Command Trait: Radiance of Dark Glory
- Artefact: Doombringer Blade
- Mark of Chaos: Khorne
Chaos Sorcerer Lord on Manticore (270)*
- Artefact: Arcane Tome (Universal Artefact)
- Mark of Chaos: Slaanesh
- Universal Spell Lore: Flaming Weapon
Aspiring Deathbringer (85)*
- Goreaxe and Skullhammer
- Allies
5 x Chaos Knights (170)**
- Ensorcelled Weapons
5 x Chaos Knights (170)**
- Cursed Lance
6 x Furies (95)*