Path to Glory Warlord Core Enhancements

Waffelen

Question

Hi,

First off, thanks for clicking an having a look at my question and if its in the wrong place on the forum, please let me know.

Me and a friend have just began a path to glory campaign. I am looking for a little clarification on the core enhancements on our warlords. I'm skaven he's seraphon. I have an arch warlock and I think he was engine of the gods as a warlords (we have only played 1 battle). First game was 1000 points next game we are looking at 1500. We're building our lists in battlescribe.

In both the videos below Ash and Doug just give their warlords a command trait and artefact, I cant see in the core book path to glory section why or how they give their warlord an artefact and command trait straight away? The command trait I'm assuming is either because it comes with their sub factions or because your warlord starts a campaign with 15 renown so it comes with the veteran ability mechanic but I tried to recreate their warlords in battlescribe and cant see the specific enhancements they gave them listed when I add the sub factions, so does that mean its from the veteran ability I mentioned?  

My understanding was for my own arch warlock, when I add him to my army list in battlescribe, if I 'do not' select any of the enhancements, then generate the pdf, the yellow highlighted sections (see the 2 screen grabs below) are his core enhancements ? . 

The same questions above basically apply to your heroes too. What can we/do we take as core enhancements?

I ask these as if you give them too many enhancements straight away it removes some of the emphases on doing the quests to get more artefacts and command traits and at low point starting armies makes the warlords very powerful as they are already accessing most if not all of their extra "stuff" but for a possible long campaign, that could be many 10's of battles having to do lots of quests to get these and other things makes sense but a short, say 5 battle campaign, maybe you don't want to focus on these.

Edit: Meant to also ask about mount traits. If ur character has a command trait and mount trait are the both treated as command traits when doing quests and exploring territories of to unlock them? Finally since a hero can only have 1 command trait does that mean you would have to choose between the mount and command trait?

I just want to get these elements correct as intended by the rules and at the same time get it clear in my head, why and how? 

Any input is very welcome.

image.png.247092914c1c501619d425f6f70b108b.png

image.png.5cd24e5e9619fce5b682d76333891dd1.png

Edited by Waffelen
Missed part of my question

2 answers to this question

Hey! I also started a ptg just recently and think I can help you a little bit.

The most important thing is to distinguish between core enhancements and bonus enhancements. In ptg you get your usual core enhancements and are able to earn additional bonus enhancements by unlocking them via quests or territories, etc. You get core enhancements as per the core rules, this is described in step 4 of creating your path to glory army. The core enhancements are described in the core rules ( number 27.3) so you get one artefact, one command trait (which your warlord has to take) one mount trait (mount traits and command traits are not the same), one triumph and unique enhancements if your battletome mentions them. You also get one spell lore and one prayer scripture as core enhancements.

What you highlighted in yellow are the warscroll abilities of your unit (the 2 under unit abilities), those are not enhancements, and the spells that that wizard knows. Every Wizard knows mystic shield and arcane bolt and I guess the arch warlock knows warp lightning storm. Section 27.3.4 of the core rules mentions that when you pic a spell lore for your army you can then choose one of the spells from that lore for each wizard in your army, the same for prayer scriptures.

You get those core enhancements since it is possible for you to play with your path to glory army against another player who isn't on a path to glory campaign (who also gets the core enhancements as per the core rules). PTG expands this by allowing you to take bonus enhacements that you've earned when you play against someone who is also using a path to glory army. This is explained in the path to glory rules under "fighting path to glory battles" and "fightring an opponent not on a path to glory campaign"

I hope that helps somehwat?

Wow yes, that covers everything thank u! And from the big frog lips of lord kroaq himself so I know it's ligit! 

I think get u, so this will mean our warlord and hero's will start already beefed up but u earn more bonus enhancements for them/ur vault and until u level up your tier of battle and allow u to take more bonus enhancements per battle. Meaning ur heros may have command traits (along with ur warlord) but u must nominate who is going to be using what based on the tier of battle (warlord can always use his command trait) and if I play someone not on ptg those bonus enhancements are all 'switched off'.