CoS and my backlog

Hanneskannes

Hi everyone,

I stumbled over my backlog in an recent act to create free space that iam in dire need of because i ll work from Home now. 

I decided to create this post to hold myself acountable during this journey and if possible discuss the further path with you.

My backlog consists mainly from a small army CoS i bought on eBay, several boxes of lizardmen and the curent cursed city stuff. 

I spent the last two days cleaning glueing an priming all the models. Withouth further ado i present you my upcoming warcry warband from cities of sigmar: Thal's city guard:

20210917_181749.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

• 2 weeks later...

Heyy. I painted my Slan recently. This time I tested shading with diluded Paints. Not with black in the mix instead i went with greens purple and reds. Iam happy with the result and will try this technik again. Not sure how it will work with CoS though. Also the "freehand" went well after like 20 trys. I failed at his hovering seat so i sat him on the ground and he took it with him ;). The water need another try. Bought the wrong product. I prepared 2 models from the cursed city box and might be able to post this weckend.

See you

20210110_223001.jpg

IMG-20210101-WA0008.jpeg

20210112_000626.jpg

• Like 2

Had 2 days off work, so here is my 1st Black Knight "conversion". It took me nearly 4h to finish it. I wasnt happy with my already painted ones nor with te current Black Knight Riders, so i put a new skeletton on the steed. Jeah i know, not that smart if u want to tackle the backlog...

For the next 4 riders i have to wait till iam willing to buy new stuff. The Standard bearer was the only guy from the cursed city box that took the modification well.

20210703_182620.jpg

20210703_182549.jpg

20210703_182601.jpg

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 2

Hello, i painted 3 Models today. I went fast with the first two. The vampire one i copied from Marco Frisonis approach. He used two brushes. One to apply the contrast paint an one to feather it out. It was revealing. U should try it. 

16338106964167452507920338035852.jpg

16338107510286063327956551725190.jpg

Edited by Hanneskannes
  • Like 1

Hey there. Maybe you wondered how big my Backlog is. Here is a list:

1 Battlemage

8 pistoliers

3x cannon crew and two cannons

1 free peoples general on horse 

9 Hammerers

1 dwarfen spear thrower plus crew

8 dwarfen miners

6demigryph knights

1 drakespawn knight

From the isles of Blood box are like 50%  skaven and 100% highelves unpainted

From the seraphon strikehost Box 1 Skink starpriest 8 skinks and 3 terradon riders and the sauruschief on foot 

and i have to paint 90% of the cursed city box

It takes a while, when i paint smth but i hope to finish this Projekt till January or February next year so that iam able to get one of the new rumored armys. Maybe enhance my small soulblight gravelords. I adore the zombies.

Have a nice day

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Meet Stevan, 

former Gardener of Radukars backyard. At first his colleague vanished and shortly after this incident he got assined for the nightshift. Unsettled about this change of obligation he quit his job. He died 4 month later in the tourghheim street 12 cause of his diet. Buried on the same day. 

20211114_222951.jpg

This is also Ulf.

Not their real name of course. They are long forgotten. Radukar called them the twins. Because this is what they are. Twins. 

Most of the day they guard the throneroom of their Master. But sometimes one, and just one of them has to do some chores in the dark alleys of Ulfenkarn. 

No wonder the townsfolk think they are one and the same....

They got Tim - father of four - last week on his way home. He will be missed.

20211114_222838.jpg

Edited by Hanneskannes

• 4 weeks later...

I converted a lot in the last couple of weeks. Here is my wizard zombie / necromancer. 90% finsihed. I rearanged his armes. One of them is thinner than the other one. Zombies dont have beauty standarts i guess. It looks a little, like he tries to cast some spell. A smooth surface is hard for me to archeive. I tried superglue to minimize the gaps. But it doesnt work that good.

20211207_231925.jpg

Last but not least. My demygryph knight. Iam not super sure about the theme. I want to create a brettonian flair. Different colors for every knight. A little like the grail Knights. With a lot of stuff on the back of the gryph and withouth the empire iconography. At first i thought, i paint him mainly in Black and a little withe and silver. With candles. But i had to make them. And i wasnt able to create one till now.

20211207_232436.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hanneskannes said:

Hey mate. Thank you very much. I try my best. At the moment Iam working throuh the newest sprues and ideas. So its kind of working. But Iam a little afraid of the grim rest...

whats on your desk right now?

Way too much. lol Got a small Skaven force I was workin on. Got 2 dragon models I am gonna paint up for presents. And then gonna hack at as much backlog as possible before I add a new project for the new year. lol

Skaven come in devastating numbers... i feel you^^

I began this "marathon" like u to start a new army next year. I favour one from following 3 possible roumors. New free People, Malerions folk or at last Chaos Dwarfes if i like theit style. 

With some Soulblight Gravelords on the side to complete a small force.

What do you aim for?

On 12/12/2021 at 12:48 PM, Hanneskannes said:

Skaven come in devastating numbers... i feel you^^

I began this "marathon" like u to start a new army next year. I favour one from following 3 possible roumors. New free People, Malerions folk or at last Chaos Dwarfes if i like theit style. 

With some Soulblight Gravelords on the side to complete a small force.

What do you aim for?

My 1k Skaven force has 9 models! lol Power of Skryre tech!

As for my future project? No real idea, sorting that out now. Got a few ideas, like Slaanesh of Craftworld Eldar who seem to be getting a lot of goodies, but we shall see. Would love to start a blog like this and others, but that is a lot of work to keep up with!