Report, 3000 point tournament standings from BrewCity Brawl, 2021

Lord Krungharr

Had a blast at a big 3K event this past weekend, 2 days, 5 games, all just plain GHB missions.  Pretty diverse army variety but strangely, no Lumineth that I saw .  No Beasts of Chaos, but I wasn't surprised by that (I shoulda brought mine instead of Sons of Behemat just for funsies).

Interesting to note, I brought almost the exact same army as the winning SoB player:

Taker Tribe/KrakenEater/Kragnos/1 Mancrusher/3 Gatebreakers, and I think the winning guy had a Warstomper instead of a 3rd Gatebreaker and possibly VeryAcquisitive/w Sandals and Glowy Lantern instead of Extremely Intimidating.

....but he matched up against 3 of the other SoB players (but not vs me).  I however started with a grudge match vs my buddy's Nurgle army, then fought Tzeentch Horror spam w Belakor (lost hard there), then Nighthaunt (which was an extreme grind like the first game vs Nurgle), then the Legion of the First Prince (which steamrolled me handily), and finally OBR (which put the nail in the coffin for Kragnos, who rolled a 3 for his big charge effect vs Nagash; though he did manage to kill of Arkhan the Black after like 2 turns, pulled a minor loss on that one, but my Skaven Gatebreaker whooped Nagash like mashed potatoes in turn 5 for a MORAL VICTORY).

Certainly true that the matchups make a big difference in who gets on the podium.

Notice the kill point spreads too.  Possible total was 15000 and the Kharadron guy got the most but did not finish near the top of the standings.  

bcb 2021 a.JPG

bcb 2021 b.JPG

Edited by Lord Krungharr
Pictures
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ah yes, the Snowflake award was also known as Sigmar Hardmode, an army composition with fun theme and not especially optimized for competitive combat and also had to win 3 out of 5 games.

The DnD award I think was the highest scoring army with the most heroes, which looks like it was a Stormcast army with the full 8 heroes.  

Monstar was 5 monster heroes, no more, no less.

I was the proud winner of Most in the Middle, and he even misspelled my name with an M.  Right above that 50% because I won a magnificent roll off with that Tzeentchy guy who tabled me day 1 :D