Narrative Match: Consumed Fyreslayers rescue Runeson from Skaven

Veterannoob

3200ish pts from GHB, Guardian of Great Chain formation from RGW Godbeasts suggested point 160-180ish, rules of one, rolled for battle, command and artifact traits.

The diabolical skaven nabbed poor Runeson Krezzek while he was relieving himself of some ur-gold IPA and his pa mobilized the GrymFyrd Lodge to save him. Fyreslayers gave a strong showing early on as the dastardly skaven slowly cut marvelous pieces of Krezzek's honorable crest off (though earned a black eye or two in the attempt) and soon the tide turned when a pack of 10 rat ogres popped through a realmgate (though they ate their packmasters along the way) and hit the rear. One runemaster put the heat on the ritual temple with a volcano's call to try and smoke them out. Twenty five vulkites, a runemaster and the Doomseeker got the same idea and raced for the other realmgate as the only way to save their prince in time. They (20/25 that survived the leap) showed up just after the runesmiter tunneled up with ten hearthguard berzerkers--all to be smooshed under a juiced-up Hellpit abomination. The remaining pack of rat ogres moved to meet the Vulkites and barely stopped them before the last mighty strand of mohawk was cut from the Runeson's head and his bald corpse was unceremoniously tossed into a vat of warpstone-Ur-gold brew. The other runemaster used volcano call to turn the pool into a nasty hottub, hoping it would ruin the foul skaven's plans. Sadly, it just made for a messy and expensive end (think of the cleaning costs!).

After War storm front last week, this made for another fun narrative AoS game. Loving these much more than standard match play. :) 

IMG_5025.jpg

almost saving him in time

IMG_5026.jpg

..nope, not in time.>:(

IMG_5024.jpg

IMG_5022.jpg

IMG_5023.jpg

from the realmgate across the field they came

IMG_5019.jpg

IMG_5021.jpg

IMG_5018.jpg

IMG_5017.jpg

IMG_5015.jpg

IMG_5013.jpg

IMG_5014.jpg

IMG_5011.jpg

IMG_5012.jpg

IMG_5007.jpg

IMG_5006.jpg

IMG_5004.jpg

IMG_5005.jpg

IMG_5003.jpg

IMG_4999.jpg

IMG_5002.jpg

IMG_4998.jpg

IMG_4996.jpg

What an awesome and fully painted army you have! I'll have to try this narrative-matched games, the standard matched play scenarios lack a bit of drama. 

A question for you forge-brother...where can I get one of those Ur-gold IPA's? (you made my day with that comment)

Thanks, they're getting touch-ups now. 

The Ur-gold IPA is a carefully guarded lodge secret, and as you can see by the runeson's fate...it too often leads to disaster. But if you've the stomach then I suggest tapping the Silver Road to find a local Fyreslayer speakeasy near you. :) 

Archived