Hunting bases

Lior'Lec

Hey all, I’m trying to find some bases which match the aesthetics of the original WHU-Shadespire Stormcast bases. Like an overgrown ruins look, I’m tacking a photo onto it for those that don’t play or own these models. I have both an FMD and resin 3D printer and would prefer to print my own than buying as I’m looking for enough for an entire army of SCE. Wanting the whole range of sizes from gryphounds all the way up to the stardrake but I’m sure no one will have any single set which covers all the sizes. If you know of anything which would look good and match these bases please let me know. 

33BE4138-61D2-4440-805D-7C7CC226B27A.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Have you tried to make them? Plasticard on top of thin pieces of cork would the raised stone easy to do. There are companies that make leaves of various sizes and colors for 28mm. Everything on there can easily be scratch built. Give it a try. Check out some model railroad scenery sites for materials.

That’s probably the route I will have to take for at least some of them. The closest set of bases I’ve managed to get now are some from this month’s Heroes Infinite release (Raging Hero’s Patreon). They don’t have the built up dirt/leaves and have less ruined stonework but otherwise are fairly close. I’ve also got some from Txarli Factory’s thematic bases Kickstarter. While these don’t match as well as the HI ones they’re still close enough I think I can make them work. With both sets I’m still missing plenty of sizes though so will have to get creative there I guess. I’m scrolling though greenstuff world’s leaf cutters now to decide what textures will help (or that I just want, thinking 2-3 of them for variety).

Edited by Lior'Lec
Grammar