Duplicate enhancements?

azdimy

Question

2 answers to this question

I don’t see a specific clause that you cannot duplicate Enchantments. In fact for Triumphs it specifically says “If you are allowed to take more than 1 triumph, you can pick the same triumph more than once if you wish”. This implies that you cannot duplicate others. 

However spells and prayers are also Enchantments and obviously you can take those multiple times to get more spells/blessings for you army. 

So rules as written as far as I can see, you could take the same Artefact on different, non Unique, Heroes by selecting the Artefacts of Power Enchantment more than once. You can take multiple Triumph, Spell Lores and Prayer Scripture Enchantments given their very nature and usage. You are limited however to 1 Command Trait as that’s spelled out in its rules. 

edited to add - Mount Traits aren’t listed with further detail other than being Enchantments, as such likely refer to the book for the Mount Traits being used to see if such limits exist. This could also be the same for Artefacts in the battletomes. 

Decided to crack open my Ogor book and immediately found this “The same HERO cannot have more than one mount trait, and an army may not include duplicates of the same mount trait.” Assuming it’s the same elsewhere then Mount Traits cannot be duplicated even when taking multiple Enchantments. I did not immediately find such a rule on Artefacts in the Ogor book. Perhaps Soulblight will give us the answer there as it’s meant for this edition that has no restrictions that I can find in the core rules. 

Edited by Lurynsar

7 hours ago, Lurynsar said:

I don’t see a specific clause that you cannot duplicate Enchantments. In fact for Triumphs it specifically says “If you are allowed to take more than 1 triumph, you can pick the same triumph more than once if you wish”. This implies that you cannot duplicate others. 

However spells and prayers are also Enchantments and obviously you can take those multiple times to get more spells/blessings for you army. 

So rules as written as far as I can see, you could take the same Artefact on different, non Unique, Heroes by selecting the Artefacts of Power Enchantment more than once. You can take multiple Triumph, Spell Lores and Prayer Scripture Enchantments given their very nature and usage. You are limited however to 1 Command Trait as that’s spelled out in its rules. 

edited to add - Mount Traits aren’t listed with further detail other than being Enchantments, as such likely refer to the book for the Mount Traits being used to see if such limits exist. This could also be the same for Artefacts in the battletomes. 

Decided to crack open my Ogor book and immediately found this “The same HERO cannot have more than one mount trait, and an army may not include duplicates of the same mount trait.” Assuming it’s the same elsewhere then Mount Traits cannot be duplicated even when taking multiple Enchantments. I did not immediately find such a rule on Artefacts in the Ogor book. Perhaps Soulblight will give us the answer there as it’s meant for this edition that has no restrictions that I can find in the core rules. 

Thank you for finding all these, i heard from I believe facehammer that we could not take duplicate of the same triumph in one of their show but you quote something that contradicts that. Maybe the ghb is where the limitations are? 

I am hoping artifacts in the core rules get limited to one per army as facing multiple mega gargants with 5+ ward saves makes for not very interesting games at the moment