1 hour ago, Shadowcortax said:

So a friend of mine and I decided to try to make a warscroll for Smaug in AoS because, well.... BIG DRAGON. (and the model looks awesome)

so here is the warscroll, we were thinking 700 pts. any suggestions? balanced or needs work?

smaug-the-magnificent.jpg

smaug-the-magnificent.pdf 1.07 MB · 0 downloads

24 wounds with a 3+ ignore means you need like 72 damage to kill it. 

With a 3+ Save. 

This defense alone should make him like 1200 points because he is essentially not going to die. 

For 700 points you either need to cut his wounds in half (12-14) and/or change this ability to reduce damage by 1 (min 1) and make it a 4+ against MWs (or 5+ against wounds/mortals) 

As it stands now he is WAY to tanky to fit into a 2k game that easily. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Phasteon said:

24 wounds with a 3+ ignore means you need like 72 damage to kill it. 

With a 3+ Save. 

This defense alone should make him like 1200 points because he is essentially not going to die. 

For 700 points you either need to cut his wounds in half (12-14) and/or change this ability to reduce damage by 1 (min 1) and make it a 4+ against MWs (or 5+ against wounds/mortals) 

As it stands now he is WAY to tanky to fit into a 2k game that easily. 

For 1200 points he would be the same as VORGAROTH THE SCARRED &
SKALOK THE SKULL HOST OF KHORNE. How would he fair against him?

1 minute ago, Shadowcortax said:

For 1200 points he would be the same as VORGAROTH THE SCARRED &
SKALOK THE SKULL HOST OF KHORNE. How would he fair against him?

He basically oneshots them on a 2+ (or at least almost), the Mws you gave him also needs to be reduced to D6, degrading to a single MW at lowest bracket. 

Tbf i would never ever play against that Warscroll because you would basically on a 2+ destroy my whole 2k points army. 

At this point, without any changes Smaug should be 2500 Points alone so I can bring a whole 2500 Points army and try to bring him down. (Which would probably still fail) 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Phasteon said:

He basically oneshots them on a 2+ (or at least almost), the Mws you gave him also needs to be reduced to D6, degrading to a single MW at lowest bracket. 

Tbf i would never ever play against that Warscroll because you would basically on a 2+ destroy my whole 2k points army. 

At this point, without any changes Smaug should be 2500 Points alone so I can bring a whole 2500 Points army and try to bring him down. (Which would probably still fail) 

is this better for 1200 points?

smaug-the-magnificent (1).jpg

16 minutes ago, Shadowcortax said:

is this better for 1200 points?

smaug-the-magnificent (1).jpg

More reasonable, although a 3+ wound shrug is really not fun to play against, 66% of all damage you deal is simply ignored. 

Make it a 5+ which still effectively puts him on 36 wounds with a 3+ save and its fine.

Edit: That being said I really like the attempt and the rule names you created! 

Take everything i wrote from a „matched play“ perspective, if you want him to be broken thats totally fine as you will only play him in narrative play anyway. 

Edited by Phasteon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Phasteon said:

More reasonable, although a 3+ wound shrug is really not fun to play against, 66% of all damage you deal is simply ignored. 

Make it a 5+ which still effectively puts him on 36 wounds with a 3+ save and its fine.

what about making it a 4+ or leaving it a 3+ but only for MWs?

12 minutes ago, Shadowcortax said:

what about making it a 4+ or leaving it a 3+ but only for MWs?

3+ for MWs would be totally fine and in line wirh his 3+ base save.

Between this and the Mortal Wound output reduction 700 are ok.

Edited by Phasteon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1