Magic Orruk List!

Icetea

Hi everyone,

Keen to get your thoughts on this list!

I made this list as all in hearing is about the shooting and magic meta. I think Orruks have some powerful spells, so wanted to build an MSU style list that packs a punch in Mele, but also has some reliable spells that can do some really good damage.

note with spells: 

Wrath of gork- rolling 14 dice, on a 2+ your doing a mortal wound 

Hand of gork - teleport 10 ardboys with +3 to charge  

big wargog mask - potentially doing 3xD3 damage

fist of gork - do some decent damage to hordes (or replace the mask with the +1 to spell and hope to roll a 7 if using the Big Waaaagh +2)

With that said, the idea is that:

- Turtle turn 1

- the Big Waaagh has the ability to get you +2 cast. (Shaman to have +1 to cast). 

- Umbral Spellportal allows you to do heavy dmg turn 1 with Wrath of Gork

- Shaman has Hand of Gork and Wrath of Gork 

- Mighty Destroyer a Prophet in 1st turn to get into LOS and run him back out of LOS during movement phase (Cast his wargog mask trinket + fists of Gork in hero phase)

- Access to teleport and heaps of command points for re-roll charge + battleshock. 

I'd be excited to hear your thoughts on this one and way you could improve on this magic heavy meta. 

Allegiance: Big Waaagh!

Leaders
Orruk Weirdnob Shaman with Hand of Gork (120)
Orruk Weirdnob Shaman
- General
- Command Trait: Bursting with Power
- Artefact: Shamanic Skullcape
- Lore of the Weird: Wrath of Gork
Wurrgog Prophet (160)
- Artefact: Big Wurrgog Mask
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Gorkamorka's War Cry
Orruk Warchanter (110)
Orruk Warchanter (110)
Orruk Warchanter (110)

Battleline
3 x Orruk Gore-gruntas (160)
- Pig-iron Choppas
3 x Orruk Gore-gruntas (160)
- Pig-iron Choppas
10 x Orruk Ardboys (200)
10 x Orruk Ardboys (200)
5 x Orruk Brutes (130)
- Pair of Brute Choppas
5 x Orruk Brutes (130)
- Pair of Brute Choppas
5 x Orruk Brutes (130)
- Pair of Brute Choppas

Battalions
Ironfist (160)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Umbral Spellportal (70)
Extra Command Point (50)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 146

Edited by Icetea

• Icetea changed the title to Magic Orruk List!

Ive been playing very similar lists and having a lot of fun/success with it. Havent played teclis or nagash or kroak with it so not sure how it fairs against the other spell dominant lists. Im going to be taking it to a tournament in June. We'll see how that goes. 

Also you can only Might Destroyers Ironjawz units. so thats a no go on the prophet.

Edited by Dream

Allegiance: Big Magic Waaagh!
Orruk Warchanter (110)
- Warbeat: Get 'Em Beat
Orruk Warchanter (110)
- Warbeat: Fixin' Beat
Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (120)
- Artefact: Shamanic Skullcape
- Lore of the Weird: Da Great Big Green Hand of Gork
Wardokk (80)
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Breath of Gorkamorka
Wurrgog Prophet (160)
- General
- Command Trait: Master of the Weird
- Artefact: Mork's Boney Bitz
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Gorkamorka's War Cry
10 x Orruk Ardboys (200)
10 x Orruk Ardboys (200)
6 x Orruk Gore-gruntas (320)
- Pig-iron Choppas
6 x Orruk Gore-gruntas (320)
- Pig-iron Choppas
20 x Shootas (120)
- 3x Barbed Nets
- 1x Moonclan Flag Bearers
- Allies
Ironfist (160)
Balewind Vortex (40)
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (60)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 120 / 400
Wounds: 150

In the old codex before a I used to take 2 goblin spear chukkas for some ranged damage just to snipe a hero or at least make them play honest with their back line heroes. This magic list however does much more ranged damage. Helps that its all mortal wounds from the spells ofc.

Wurrgog Prophet

My prophet is native +2/1 to cast/unbind with his items and trait, the wardokk can give him another +1/1 to cast and unbind on a 3+ and then you can stack waagh magic for a total of +5 to cast or +4 to unbind a spell. I like using this on him cause his fists of gork spell does mortals on a 4+ when its cast on a 10. Ive had this spell absolutely wreck big horde units. He is a 2 cast wizard base and 3 on the balewind. Warcry is very nice at 24" range, making one of my opponents units fight last basically gives me smashing and bashing when I charge both units of pigs in. Fight with the first one against the non warcry'd unit, then fight with the other unit before my opponent gets to retaliate. 6 pigs with chanter buff basically kills/cripples anything except the toughest of units. Usually when there is somthing super tough like that I end up pouring spells into it anyways.

Weirdnob Shaman

The shaman is basically a teleport bot in this list+1 to cast or +3 with waagh magic makes it pretty reliable. I usually teleing a unit of ardboys that have been siting on my back line late game onto some objective far away or throwing the unit of pigs with the Ironfist boss across the board to cause havoc. Army doesn't rely on the teleport going off but it really scares people and they often use their unbind on that. Also if he has 10 guys next to him he can still cast green puke after all his casts are done. This catches people as I use the puke on my own guys for the extra d6 movement. Really nice for getting the pigs in position as there is no way you can actually kill one of them.

Shootas

Army is high drops(7) so I use the shootas as a big screen against the alpha. If they give me first turn I can run/spend a cp to move them 13" with their +2 to run, so they wont bog the army down. A few times Ive f'd up my first mighty destroyers/deployment(thought i was gonna go 2nd and the gobos would be removed) move by sticking the pigs in the center behind the gobo line. Don't do that lol. I like going 2nd with this army tho as I can control when or if I will get doubled. Also I use the geminids so going 2nd is nice for that. They can zone out your whole backfield as well against teleport shenanigans or KO. 20 cheap bodies go a long way in the game right now imo.

Geminids of Uhl-Gysh

Oh and geminids are very good. Hella range. Can do 2d3 to multiple units. Even more range on the balewind(pretty sure this works on endless spells???). Not hard to cast with this army as well.

Bonus

Some other nice things, the wardokk can heal the prophet. My one warchanter can heal the shaman. This helps mitigate some chip damage that can occur. Never played against OBR catapults so it might be a moot point lol. Warchanter with get em beat tends to go on adventures to set up a teleport +3d6 charge at some point in the game. Having to use that ability in the charge phase is very restrictive imo. Wardokk mostly casts mystic shield or arcane bolt. Late game I like breath to give my dokk or prophet double movement and fly to cap an unmanned objective. This has won me a games before, especially in star strike.

I like where you are going with the wrath of gork spell tho as that is way better against big heroes/monsters. Ive always tended to run bigger units to take advantage of the warchanter buff, which hurts wrath of gorks damage output. Your list also as a little better waagh point generation. I get 6 base a turn(to your 7) + the d6 and I get another 3 with ere we go(you can get 4). If i roll and 3 or more I'm at 12 on turn one which is nice for the 6+ shrug. With the pigs doing most of my fighting early I dont have to rely on the +1 to hit/wound as much as they will probably be charging and getting that anyways.

Still iterating on the list. Tournament isn't until late June so Ive got some time to adjust stuff. Let me know what ya think!

-Dream

Edited by Dream