Shooting rules

NinjaOfLight

So I’m putting together 3 Warcry armies for when we get out of covid restrictions (the local GW store can’t even give me a demo game yet). 

l have the Catacombs set, an Ironjawz box, and start collecting Beast of Chaos. 

Can someone explain the shooting rules such a line of sight, terrain blocking, etc.?

• 2 weeks later...

I think kind of sight is needed, I need to do a rules check I think - but should be covered in core rules! There may be a disadvantage of shooting something raised, and not sure if you can shoot an energy who is combat with another model from your warband. Those would be the main things to look for!

• 2 weeks later...

If you can see any part of the model from the shooting model, then you have line of sight. It's hard to stay out of LoS in the above ground scenarios, but the Catacombs walls make it harder to have LoS everywhere.

If there's terrain between the two models (and the shooting model is not right next to the terrain), then the defending model gets a +1 bonus to toughness.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/23/2021 at 10:44 PM, Pickle The Hutt said:

If you can see any part of the model from the shooting model, then you have line of sight. It's hard to stay out of LoS in the above ground scenarios, but the Catacombs walls make it harder to have LoS everywhere.

If there's terrain between the two models (and the shooting model is not right next to the terrain), then the defending model gets a +1 bonus to toughness.

Hang on a minute.. 🤔 I don't recall that from the core rules.. 🤔 

• 1 month later...
On 5/10/2021 at 6:27 AM, DrShan said:

Hang on a minute.. 🤔 I don't recall that from the core rules.. 🤔 

P. 46 section on cover in the middle of the page. 

“If a fighter receives the benefit of cover when targeted by an attack action, add 1 to their Toughness characteristic for that attack action.”