Skyborne slayers

Dracothjay

So I'm using the skyborne slayers formation in a couple of weeks time. I love how the whole army deep strikes, especially for the fact you can pick and chose you're battles. But, what supports the SS battallion? I've dropped in a celestant prime, a knight venator, made the decimators bulked out to a unit of 10 and added some prosecutors.

I though with celestant prime in the celestial realm it fits the list quite nicely. 

About advice/views about how people run their SS's?

Or in a simpler way, what i mean to say is what supports this batallion the best and why?

I freaking love the SS and use them whenever I want to win a game. The cost doesn't really let you take too much more but Vexilloring Retributors are a nice addition.

I also love the Prime although it's not that popular

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use the prime, lord on foot, relictor, and heraldor. Celestant is general of course because he's the only way to get +1 to hit (without going outside SE). Relictor is great for giving -1 to hit to enemy units. Heraldor synergizes with concussors I run, allowing them to run and charge possibly on turn one. And prime is just the prime.

I put together 2 lists Skyborne slayers, I think my favourite is...

Lord-Celestant

Knight-Vexillor

5 Judicators

5 Judicator

5 Liberators

5 Liberators

5 Paladin Decimators

5 Paladin Protectors

10 Paladin Retributors 

3 Prosecutors with Hammers

3 Prosecutors with Hammers

Skyborne Slayers

My other variant was without Prosecutors or Retributors, in place I had Celestant Prime and 2 Concussors.

I think both builds have merit, I am yet to try both. 

Archived