1000 Points of OG starter set

Docthe3rd

Hey everyone!

So I'm a school teacher that runs a games club, and am working on making 1000 point forces for Age of Sigmar for my students to use, based off of the starter sets available. I'm starting with the original one, and am not sure how to expand it that extra 180 points (or more if I don't used the Celestant on Dracoth as Vandus Hammerhand. Here's what I got so far:

LEADERS:

Vandus Hammerhand (General)

Lord-Relictor

BATTLELINE:

5x Liberators w/ hammer and shield

5x Liberators w/ hammer and shield

UNITS:

5x Retributors

3x Prosecutors (with whatever they're armed with in the starter box)

So if I build it that way, I have 180 points left, which I could (in theory) use to just double the numbers of Liberators. That being said, I don't mind buying a box of, say, judicators or another hero if folks think that that would be a better use of the points (and, as always, I could just not run Vandus as Vandus, he could be a normal Lord-Celestant on Dracoth). 

Thanks in advance for your help! The goal of it is to keep all of the stuff from the box in the army and just add stuff, and it would act as sort of a board game against the Khorne forces that come in it, so any help is appreciated!

I am struggling with the same issue. I currently play 1k - 1250 pts, I play the sequitors in general, 10 or 5, and a unit of evocators intead of paladins. Except those heroes you mentioned I include also a knight-incantor. I would keep the prosecutors for the mocement, better proxy them with javelin and shield. I think go with evocators as a next box.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thanos-se said:

I am struggling with the same issue. I currently play 1k - 1250 pts, I play the sequitors in general, 10 or 5, and a unit of evocators intead of paladins. Except those heroes you mentioned I include also a knight-incantor. I would keep the prosecutors for the mocement, better proxy them with javelin and shield. I think go with evocators as a next box.

Yeah - I can see that, but I'm admittedly going more for theme than the "strictly best" option, but I do have more evacuators planned when I tackle the Soul Wars box. 

1 hour ago, baiardo said:

5xProtectors for 170pt 

Awesome! Having never played them (but looking over their war scrolls), are they basically just retributions on steroids?