Command common abilities

wuytackc

Question

Hi,

I'm a little bit confused about the rules of command abilities...can someone plz give me some info around this? 😏

Q : (maybe stupid Q...) Can i use common command abilities (if i have points left) in the turn of my opponent? For example : Inspiring Presence, can i use this ability in my opponents turn OR do i need to use it in my phase at a unit that MAYBE will need to use it?

Q : In core rules there are only 3 common abilities... I found 6 of them...(update on internet "somewhere"). Is that correct?

Thanks,

C.

3 answers to this question

The command abilities each cost 1 command point and you can use them when they say they can be used. For example, Inspiring Presence from the core rules states "You can use this command ability at the start of the battleshock phase." so you can use it at the start of the battleshock phase of either turn. All-out attack, all-out defense and volley fire are the command abilities from the General's Handbook.  The important details to pay attention to are whether or not it is "the" or "your" phase.  The ones that happen in the hero phase,  are usually "your hero phase". The other detail to pay attention to is whether or not it is "at the start" or "during" a phase.  The command abilities that can be used at the start of the phase, have to be used at the start.  For example, you can't pause in the middle of combat and decide to use all out defense.

• Thanks 1

For the second Q, yes there are 3 additional generic command abilities found in the General’s Handbook. Page 74/5 of the GHB 2020 (digital edition).

All-out attack, RR 1’s to hit in combat phase.

All-out defence, RR 1’s to save in combat phase.

Volley fire, RR 1’s to hit in shooting phase.

These may get rolled in to AoS 3 core rules as they’ve been in the GHB for the last few years, seems like they’re here to stay.

• Thanks 1

Ok...i understand it now.

So for example: "In my opponents phase, after all combat we must test for bravery.  IF i still have a command point i can use that point and play Inspiring Presence to auto succeed the test..."

Even if the combat phase begins, and it's in my opponents turn i still can use (for example) All out defence?

thank you all for your time,

C.

Edited by wuytackc