EMMachine Soloplay

EMMachine

After there were solo rules through Corona in the White Dwarf 458, I decided to go back to the realms of the mortals instead of just being Sigmar's librarian.
I use the solo rules to spin the lore of the event from 2017 called "Heldengemosche" or "Battle of Heroes" a little further.

The Blazenhearts were able to prevent the ritual of the Gorechosen and slay the involved Mighty Lord of Khorne, Exalted Deathbringer, Aspiring Deathbringer and Bloodstoker. Knight Venator Lucas tried to tie the Blood Secrator to prevent it from continuing the ritual, but was slain by him. Before the others could reach the Blood Secrator,he withdrew to prevent the Bloodbound from disintegrating while the first troops of the Warband approached. Knight Questor Duke could not stay because he had his own assignment for Sigmar and so Lord-Celestant Valten Blazenheart, Lord-Castellant Victor Brightsoul and Lord-Relictor Morbius took up the chase.

Mission 1: Fight in the Wild. Each player has a deployment zone of 5 ”

Lists
Stormcast Eternals
Lord-Celestant Valten Blazenheart
Lord-Castellant Victor Brightsoul
Lord-Relictor Morbius

Blood Bound
5 Blood Warriors Goreaxe and Gorefists and a Goreglaive
(Bloodreavers 1) 8 Bloodreavers with Meatripper axe
(Bloodreavers 2) 8 Bloodreavers with 2 Reaver blades

fqK4uj39IxVOtHkAuO1LpBnhfyzJW8gUZ8TqQ1vA

Turn 1

Stormcast Eternals:

Hero Phase: The Stormcast Eternals did not use any abilities

Movement Phase: The heroes all advanced their normal movement

KVyPzC5ZpIAwCkNyb0nsTkoQb5kJxGpp3P57YBLU

Shooting phase: The Lord Celestant directed his hammers at the Blood Warriors, throws 3 hammers but throws them (1,1,1), so no wounds

Since they are too far away to attack effectively, the Stormcast Eternals end their turn.

Bloodbound:

Action Phase: Reavers 1 have the Hold action (2), Blood Warriors have the Hold action (3), and Reavers 2 have the Advance action (5)

LpJzWpcXSWAap1nGyH81X0HOzofu6cegzva8Zu0z

No close combat or battleshock

Turn 2:

In the forest behind the Stormcast, the rustling of leaves and breaking branches can be heard as a Khorgorath breaks out (ambush 1). I had started to paint it at some point, but I didn't expect it to appear today, so it is not finished.

1Zi654AFcTD5cP79apW6fT6O09jiF0CxklKMK984

Stormcast Eternals

Hero phase:

Morbis and Victor Brightsoul turn their attention to the Khorgorath. Victor points his lantern at him and inflicts a wound on him, Morbius conjures up the storm of lightning and causes 3 wounds, whereby the Khorgorath loses 4 of 8 wounds.

KaY9-j-BWL-5LMc-0yuyt_wOwrPheIVxrtcWGK99

Movement phase

Valten Blazenheart leaves the Khorgorath to his two colleagues and moves towards Reavers 2.

rhGeMtzfvb0MgDeyxBAw1cIJmgZi_fFybqLehehq

Shooting Phase:

Valten turns his hammers against the Blood Warriors again (5 dice and 1 wound)

Charge phase

Victor rolls 4 inches and Morbius rolls 4 inches and goes into close combat with the Khorgorath.

Valten rolls 9 inches and goes into hand-to-hand combat with the Blood Warriors.

Combat phase:

(I could have used Furious Retribution here but somehow saw it as a hero phase ability)

Valten attacks the Bloodreavers rune blade 5 attacks by charge, 3 hits (2,2,4,4,5), 3 wounds (4,6,6), no save by rend

War hammer with 3 attacks by charge 1 hit (1,2,5), 1 wound (6), Bloodreavers lasts with 6. 3 Bloodreavers deaths

The Khorgorath attacks Morbius with 5 attacks and makes 4 hits (1,5,5,6,6), 3 wounds (1,4,4,5) and Morbius manages 2 to Saven (throws not noted) through the 2 damage Morbius suffers 4 wounds per wound and still lives with one.

Victor attacks the Khorgorath with 3 attacks and makes 1 hit (1,2,3), 1 wound (4) the Khorgorath does not make the save through Rend (4) and suffers 2 damage

The Bloodreavers surround Valten and attack with 6 attacks that make 5 hits (3,4,4,5,5,6) with 2 rerolls of 1, 2 wounds (not noted) and 2 saves by Valten (not noted)

Morbius attacks the Khorgorath with 4 attacks and makes 2 hits (1,2,6,6), makes 1 wound that has not been saved so that the Khorgorath suffers another damage (7 wounds) but still lives with one.

pvs74rP52vTXP6O-iT5tt_lLI_I78G8Q4TjxI-K0

In the Battleshock phase the Reaver 2 roll a 4. Since they have lost 3 models, 2 more models flee

Bloodbound

Action phase

Reavers 1 have the Advance (6) action and move towards Victor,

Blood Warriors have the Advance (4) action and advance towards Valten.

The Khorgorath has the action Angry (6) and attacks Morbius again with 5 attacks, makes 1 hit (1,1,1,2,5), but no wound (1), (phew Morbius is still alive)

Reavers 2 have the action Rage (6) 4 attacks against Valten, 2 hits (2,3,5,6), 1 wound (2,4), but Valten Saved (4)

_v6cBgGD6vyrTvQ2lzD6C3Dlkol3ZW38E_VijpiL

Combat phase

Khorgorath attacks Morbius again with 5 attacks, 5 hits (3,5,5,6,6), 3 wounds (1,1,4,4,6) but with Sigmar's help Saved Morbius all 3 (4,4,6)

Valten attacks the Reavers rune blade with 4 attacks, makes 4 hits (3,3,4,5), 1 wound (1,1,2,4) that cannot be saved

War hammer with 2 attacks 1 hit (1.5), 1 wound (3) and the Reavers fail to make the save (5). The Reaver Champion is the last survivor.

He attacks Valten with 2 attacks but does not hit (2,3)

Victor attacks the Khorgorath and makes 1 hit (2,2,3) and no wound with 3 attacks

Morbius attacks the Khorgorath makes 4 hits (3,4,5,6) 3 wounds (1,3,5,5) and the Khorgorath saves only one of the attacks and is thus defeated

Battleshock. The Reaver Champion passes his test with (2)

3ieW23jL1Ud2ZjEy9Rb8fJLKbIGJbJsW4tJI_jKx

Turn 3

There's no ambush and the Stormcast Eternals have the round.

Hero phase:

Morbius speaks the storm of healing on himself and rolls 2 6s (the first so that the spell goes through and the second as D3 for the healing) and thus heals 3 wounds again

Move:

Victor and Morbius move towards the Reavers 1.

Xey2DbPQuKUesiYwlUmG_i-9latdnpwP5JhjLvgA

Shooting Phase:

Valten tries to kill the Reaver with his hammer cloak (maybe to be able to carry out a charge on the Blood Warriros) but only throws 1 hammer and does no damage.

Charge phase:

Victor rolls 5 inches and Morbius rolls 12 inches and both go into hand-to-hand combat with the Reavers 1.

EBvGqtUlFNT46v7PKKydqZSwGC53IYfHwPSX37o9

Combat phase

Valten finally uses Furious Retribution (I actually announced it incorrectly in the hero phase but now I am entering it in the correct phase,

Victor attacks with 3 attacks, hits 2x (2,3,4) and Wundet 1x (2,4) no save by Rend, 2 dead Reavers.

The Blood Reavers 1 attack with 3 attacks against Morbius, make no hits (1,2,3) and 4 attacks against Victor and make 3 hits (3,4,6,6) and 2 wounds (1,6,6). Victor doesn't make a save and suffers 2 wounds.

Valten attacks the last Reaver rune blade 4 hits (3,4,4,4), 2 wounds (1,1,4,5) + war hammer with 1 hit (2,6) and 1 wound (6) which is not saved ( 2)

Morbius within reach of Furious Retribution, inflicts 3 hits (1,5,6,6) and 3 wounds (3,4,5) and kills 3 more Blood Reavers.

v5cPwGoVo6eZuhJOaGgz_LlmEI2EGnVDslnX01Yc

Battleshock

Reavers 1 roll a 2, but since they have lost 5 models, 2 more flee, leaving only the champion.

Bloodbound round

Reavers 1 have hold of the action (3)

Blood Warriors have an charge action (5) and after a movement, roll each of them 3 "to Valten and roll 12" to attack

FkbbxOgH7BDuuBgVifhbQcfG1uliyzGi__JkndsU

Combat phase:

Blood Warriors attack Valten. Axes with 9 attacks make 7 hits (1,1,3,4,5,5,5,6,6) but scramble the wounds to such an extent that they do not cause a single wound. (1,1,3,3,3,3,3) The glaive attacks, makes 1 hit (1,3), 1 wound (4), which is saved by Valten (5)

Victor attacks the remaining Reaver and makes 3 hits (3,4,5) and 3 wounds (3,4,5) that cannot be saved, so the last Reaver dies.

Valten attacks the Blood Warriors. Rune blade 4 attacks 1 hit (2,2,2,3) and 1 wound (5) that is not saved (4) so the warrior dies

The war hammer hits 1x (1.5) wounded (4). However, the Blood Warriors manage a save of 6 causing Valten to suffer a mortal wound from blood fists.

FPDnkV32NW61UzywnxfQ3lIQDtoYVzrurb_GwVgn

Battleshock.

The Blood Warrors manage to roll a seriously 6, causing another Blood Warrior to flee.

Turn 4

There's another ambush. But I have something to say about it. I actually rolled Wrathmongers. Now Wrathmongers are the only Bloodbound unit that I don't have to this day. Since I didn't feel like looking for another unit and it was already after 2 a.m. I sent another unit of Bloodreavers to the field instead, which in this case came with 7 models.

xtHM0A8ZqKOCsnY2GSgtG0QbgYzwovd9NyJFP1Vg

In addition, the Bloodbound had the first turn this round.

Bloodbound round.

Action phase:

Reavers 3 got hold of the action (3)

Blood Warriors got the action (3)

Combat Phase

Blood Warriors attack Valten.

Axes hit 4 hits with 5 attacks (1,3,3,4,5), 1 wound (1,2,2,4) which is saved by Valten (5)

The glaive hits 2 hits (3,6), 2 wounds (5,6) and Valten only manages 1 to Saven and takes 2 damage

Valten attacks back. Rune blade makes 2 hits (1,2,4,5) and 2 wounds and the Blood Warriors Saven 1x (2,5)

The war hammer hits 1 hit (2,4), 1 wound (4) and the Blood Warriors fail to make the save (3). A dead blood warrior

Battleshock

Blood Warriors pass their test with a 4

vnAG2sZpX2P-ODESkNnlZ8amgAcVQP9cW4_51bp7

Stormcast Eternals

Hero phase

Victor points his lantern at the Reaver and kills one with it.

Morbius makes a storm of healing on Valten Würfelt (6,6) and thus heals Valten's two wounds.

Movement phase.

Victor and Morbius move towards the Reavers.

fwwR2x-QjPL-DWvJDyLGPncH_Mztx711bQVEtwOB

Shooting combat.

Valten turns his hammers on the Blood Warriors makes 6 attacks but only 1 fatal wound (1,1,1,1,2,6)

Charge phase

Victor rolls 3 inches and Morbius rolls 5 inches so that both of them go into hand-to-hand combat with the Reavers.

JLhNglolZQoHaGLt22ahU6RFOpfsRPuG78HWSibA

Combat phase

Valten ignites Furious Retribution again

Victor attacks the Reavers and makes 3 hits (4,4,5), 2 wounds (2,4,6) and kills 4 Reavers.

The Blood Warriors attack Valten. Axes hit 1x (2,2,3) wound 1x (5) the attack is saved (6)

The glaive hits 1x (2,3) and does not wound (2)

Morbius attacks the Reavers, makes 3 hits (1,2,4,5) and 3 wounds, causing the remaining Reavers to die.

Valten attacks the Blood Warriors. Rune blade: 3 hits (1,4,6,6), 1 wound (2,2,6) which is saved with a 6 and therefore returns another blood fist mortal wound.

The hammer hits 1x (1.6), wounds 1x (5) and this time the attack does not save (1) causing the Blood Warrior to die with the glaive.

Battleshock

Blood Warriors pass on a roll of 1

SrYpliyRcw9SWKmBx16sc_LAh77fagUc_GWUABGv

Turn 5

luckily no ambushes. Stormcast Eternals have the round.

Stormcast Eternals

Hero phase

Victor aims his lantern at the Blood Warrior (1 wound)

Morbius leads another storm of healing on Valten, but only heals 1 wound this time.

dCMBBksgAl02QXnQtZtg9qlvr_Z52aXMTZPApLXZ

Movement phase

Victor and Morbius both move towards the Blood Warrior.

Shooting Phase.

Valten uses his hammers again, makes 2 attacks and makes the one hit he needs (3,6), which kills the last Blood Warrior. and the battle ends.

A1XcXi5M7QMq_md-THEZt8oKuGuV8IFHXKtWDBJP

After the game

Lord Celestant Valten suffers 1 wound and 9 kills

Lord Castellant Victor suffers 1 wound 8 kills

Lord Relictor Morbius suffers a wound 6 kills

Since it was a great victory (because none of my heroes died, even if Morbius was very close once) I can roll twice on the reward table (D66) and roll a 61 and a 64, which gives me a relic, a spell or a blessing .

I give Morbius the prayer “Bless weapons” but I'm not sure about my other decision. I wrote down Hammer of Might (on wounds of 6 double damage) for the rune blade, whereby the Stormrage Blade could perhaps be more suitable, because it could in a way represent Valten's recklessness since he got the spell from the boiling blood (i.e. the decision to have two more attacks but to suffer a penalty on the Save if he does this).

And before somebody asks. I completly forgot the No Respite rule for the Blood Warriors the three times it would have activated.

Edited by EMMachine

• 1 month later...

I actually made my second Sologame in the first week of january, but haven't posted it yet because here was basicly no responce to it.

Here the rolls between the rounds

So I'll do the preparations for how things will continue.

The exploration table.
2-4 is Warlord Encounter
5-7 is a deadly encounter (the type of battle we had in the first game
8-9 is a short break (each hero heals D3 wounds)
10-11 is a long break (each hero heals D3 wounds + another hero joins on a 4+.
12+ Hidden Treasure (I find a relic)

No matter what the roll, the danger level increases by 1, and if the value is 5, there is a warlord encounter.

After the current fight, the value is 1

Roll on the table 8 (6 + 2) The heroes heal the wounds they have suffered.
Value increases to 2

Roll on the table 11 (5 + 6)
Heroes are already fully healed. However, another hero joins.
Knight Heraldor Walter joins the group.
Value increases to 3

Roll on the table 7 (6 + 1)
expected counter army
4 servant units

Rolls 2,3,4,5
Since I still don't have any Wrathmongers, I do a reroll and roll 1.
In the next fight, where I still have to see when it takes place, the following enemy models will appear:
11 Bloodreavers
5 Blood Warriors
4 skull reapers
4 Flesh Hounds

I still have a few models to paint.

---

So, here is round 2 of the campaign (which I actually wanted to do in the New Year's Eve area but the models weren't painted yet.
I gave Valten the Stormfury Blade, by the way.
Mission 2: Fight in the Wild. Each player has a deployment zone of 5 "
There is no usual initiative roll against each other. Instead you roll 1d6. On a 4+ the player starts, otherwise the opponent. And there are rules of ambush. At the beginning of every round except the first one rolls the dice. On a 1, an additional enemy unit comes into play.

Lists
Stormcast Eternals
Lord-Celestant Valten Blazenheart
Lord-Castellant Victor Brightsoul
Lord-Relictor Morbius
Knight Heraldor Walter

Blood Bound
5 Blood Warriors Goreaxe and Gorefists and a Goreglaive
11 Bloodreavers with Meatripper axe
4 Fleshhounds with a Gorehound
4 Skullreapers with a Skullseeker

ACtC-3djyYSD1kQiEFoLxJnLbrzwLLVR2CH57kwi

Round 1

Stormcast Eternals win initiative

Hero phase: Victor points his lantern at Valten (+1 Save) and Walter points "Forward to glory at Valten (running and attacking)
Movement phase: All heroes move forward (Valten tries to run but only rolls a 1).
shooting phase: Walter uses his thunderbolt against the Reaver's terrain, rolls a (1) and kills a Reaver.
No charges or combat

Bloodbound:

Action phase:

Skullreapers have the action attack (Walter in 12 ") move 5" and then attack 11 "(5 + 6),

Bloodreavers have the action attack (Valten in 12 ") move 6" and attack 6 "(4 + 1 + horn)

Blood Warriors got the hold action (2)

Flesh Hounds attack (Victor in 12 "), move 8" and attack 10 "(5 + 5).

ACtC-3c-Zb5Dec9HrBwjAo_xnVhZcDIKmSPESwJU

Combat phase

Fleshhounds attack Victor: 16 attacks, 12 hits (1,1,2,2,3,4,4,4,4,5,5,6,6,6,6,6); 5 wounds (1,1,1,2,2,2,2,4,4,5,5,5,5), 5 saves (3,4,5,5,5)
Morbius attacks Skullreapers: 4 attacks, 3 hits (1,3,5,6), 3 wounds (3,4,5), 1 save (1,3,5). 2 damage to Skullreapers
Skullreapers attack Walter: 16 attacks, 8 hits (1,1,2,2,2,2,2,3,3,3,4,4,5,6,6) cause 2 fatal wounds, 4 wounds ( 1,2,2,2,3,4,6,6) and Victor Saved 2x (2,2,5,6).

1 attack mutation of the Skullseeker, 1 hit (4), no wound (2)

Walter suffers 4 wounds.
Valten attacks Reavers: 4 attacks blade, 4 hits (3,3,4,5), 4 wounds (3,3,5,6), no save thanks to rend. 4 dead reavers 1 attack hammer, does not hit (3)
Reavers attack Valten: 7 attacks, 3 hits (2,2,3,3,4,4,4), 2 wounds (2,5,6), 1 save (2,3) lantern and rend cancel each other out. Valten suffers a wound
Victor attacks Fleshhounds: 3 attacks, 2 hits (1,5,5), 2 wounds (4,6), no save (4,6), 2 deaths Fleshhounds
Walter attacks Skullreapers: 4 attacks, 3 hits (1,3,3,4), 1 wound 1,3,6), 1 save (5)
Battleshock:

Reavers have courage 6 thanks to the icon and roll a 1 + 5 dead Reavers (no Reaver flees).

ACtC-3eCZ8n-4bqbbKLXDRVXgE9vO5yL1cYwh8Ek

round 2

No ambush

Bloodbound have the round.

Action phase

Skullreapers hold the action (2)

Reavers have the action Raging (6) 7 attacks against Valten, 4 hits (1,2,2,4,6,6,6), no wound (1,2,3,3)

Blood Warriors have an attack action (5), movement 5 "+ 9" attack (6,3)

Fleshhounds Rage (6). 8 attacks, 7 hits (1,3,3,3,5,5,5,6), 2 wounds (1,1,1,2,3,5,6), 2 saves (3,6)

ACtC-3dmrkVXNdY5hFWzpDrUj_4uLNDVoJW4rpXn

Skullreapers attack 2 Skullreapers + Skullseeker attack Walter 12 attacks, 7 hits (1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5,6,6), 6 wounds (1,3,3,3, 4,5,6), 3 saves (1,1,3,4,5,5) Walter suffers 3 wounds. Mutation 1 attack, 1 hit (4), 1 wound (6), 1 save

Walter returns to Azyr.

4 attacks on Morbius. 4 hits (4,4,5,6), 3 wounds (1,3,3,4), 2 saves (2,4,5). Morbius suffers a wound
Victor attacks Flesh Hounds. 3 attacks, 2 hits (1,3,4), 1 wound, no save (1), 1 dead Flesh Hound
Bloodreavers attack Valten 7 attacks, 1 hit (1,1,1,2,2,3,4), no wound (2)
Valten attacks Reavers: Blade 4 attacks, 3 hits (2,34,4,6), 1 wound (1,2,3), 1 dead Reaver

Hammer, 1 attack, 1 hit (6), 1 wound (5), no save (3) a dead reaver
Fleshhounds attack Victor: 4 attacks, 2 hits (1,2,4,4), does not hurt (1,2)
Morbius attacks Reavers 4 attacks, 2 hits (1,1,5,5), 2 wounds (6,6) 2 dead Reavers.
Blood Warriors attack Victor. 9 attacks ax, 6 hits (1,2,2,3,3,3,5,5), 3 wounds (1,2,3,4,4,4), 2 saves (1,5,6), Victor gets a wound

2 attacks glaive, 2 hits (3.5), 2 wounds (4.6), 1 save (2.6). Victor suffers two more wounds and is now on 3.

ACtC-3c0kIN9rIvfC_M9Cobfs0MKim0GIMyGgIOz

Battleshock phase

Reavers courage 6 by icon vs litter 4 + 4 dead. the remaining 2 reavers flee

ACtC-3chuZHMV7po0jughY2MOkNmmqfb3twhAJ57

Stormcast Eternals

Hero phase:

Morbius uses Storm of Healing to heal Victor (6,5) and heals 3 wounds.

Victor points his lantern at the Flesh Hound (since Valten is in the same range of the Fleshhound and the Skullreapers and therefore could not move up). and does 3 damage (6) and kills the Fleshhound.

ACtC-3dyBnYGDEPeEarMRTn2QaXTSabNl8njoljb

No movement as all models are in 3 "units

Shooting phase: Valten sets up his hammers against the Blood Warriors 2 hammers, 1 Mortal Wound (3.6)
No Chargephase

Combatphase:

Valten activates Furious Retribution and Soulrage blade.

Valten moves towards Skullreapers and attacks: Blade 6 attacks: 5 hits (1,2,3,5,5,5), 3 wounds (1,2,3,3,4), no save (1,3,3)

Hammer 1 attack no hit (1) 3 wounds on skullreapers, 1 dead skullreaper. A mortal wound of violence to the last breath (6)
Skullreapers move up and 1 Skullreaper + Skullseeker attack Morbius

8 attacks against Morbius, 5 hits (1,1,2,3,4,4,5,5), 2 wounds, 1 save (1,4)

Mutation 1 hit, no wound (2) 1 wound on Morbius

4 attacks against Valten, 4 hits (3,4,5,6), 1 fatal wound, 4 wounds (3,4,5,5), 1 save (1,2,3,6). Valten return to Azyr.
Victor attacks Blood Warriors. 3 attacks, 2 hits (1,3,3), 2 wounds (5.5), 1 save (1.6), 1 mortal wound to Victor by Gorefist, 2 damage to Blood Warriors, 1 dead Blood Warrior.

Attacks with no respite: 2 attacks, 1 hit (1.6), 1 wound (6), save (3)
Attack Blood Warriors: 7 attacks ax, 5 hits (2,2,3,3,3,4,5), 2 wounds (2,3,3,4,6), 1 save (2.5), 1 wound to Victor

2 attacks glaive, 1 hit (1.5), 1 wound (3), no save (2). 2 damage to Victor.
Morbius attacks 4 attacks, 3 hits (1,4,4,7), 3 wounds (4,4,6), 1 save (1,4,5), 1 skullreaper dies and uses Until the last breath (6, 5) and causes 3 mortal wounds to Morbius.

Battleshock Phase: Blood Warriors roll a 1, no one flees.

ACtC-3eoZFcONVMC-XvD_WD0vHuTzVKccpF4w9fT

Round 3

No ambush

Bloodbound win initiative.

Action phase:

Skullreapers have the action hold (2)

Blood Warriors got the action hold (2)

ACtC-3cFUyxRsgL59T6Zd8vx2RpC27VQwpWO4zbS

(The wound dice slipped to 7 at that point, it should actually be a 4)

Melee:

Skullreapers attack Morbius: 8 attacks, 5 hits (1,2,2,3,4,5,5,5), 3 wounds (1,1,3,6,6), 2 saves (1,3,3) .

1 attack mutation. does not meet.

Morbius returns to Azyr from the damage taken.
Victor attack Blood Warriors: 3 attacks 1 hit (1,2,6), 1 wound (3), no save (1).

1 Blood Warrior dies using "no turning back". 2 attacks 2 hits (3,6), 1 wound (3), 1 save (6)
Attack Blood Warriors. 5 attack axes, 4 hits (1,3,4,5,6), 1 wound (1,3,3,5) 1 save,

Glaive attacks. 2 attacks, 2 hits (3.6), 1 wound (2.4), no save (2)

Victor returns to Azyr.

ACtC-3dJVCW7qt9u3xoHZObbcr7zqlVvEEOFchSU

This ends the game with the loss of all Stormcast Eternals. So definitely not as planned
The Bloodhounds have a hell of a lot of attacks, but in the case of the game they still have to get through the save, so they weren't effective in this case.

The Skullreapers were really bad for my heroes, with Mortal Wounds on hits of 6 and W3 Mortal Wounds on dying models on 5+.

Even if I hadn't used the Soulrage blade, Valten would have died there.

It was probably a mistake to move forward, as it would put the enemy models on lap 1 at 12 "and attack (if they were more than 12" they would only have made a normal move.

Basically, only a refused flank would probably have helped, i.e. a stronger concentration on isolated units and the refusal of the others to get into close combat too early.

Still the experience is not that bad in case a story should be the result of this (even though I haven't wrote the story set). Maybe next time  it could be more of an army (like with the troggoth rules, instead of a heroes last stand).

Edited by EMMachine

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/3/2021 at 5:32 AM, Grom said:

Fun read. Thanks for going to the effort of sharing your game with us. I motivates me to do the same. How do you find the new solo rules from WD458?

Sorry, I haven't seen that their was an answer, after their were no reactions before.

I hadn't played the other variants of the game yet + those two games were basicly my first games with the 2. Edition Ruleset.

It was a quite interesting experiance, especially looking at the narrative play aspect, because if you don't roll the worst result on the randomizer, you don't have to play against the most bloken stuff (like it is some times the case with real people) + it can create a story.

The only thing I think is, that it could be a better experiance mixing a little with the ruleset against the troggoths, because in that case you would have 1 Hero + 2 Units instead of 3 Heroes (basicly like with the 2 player Campaign Boxes). + the rules are only good for "kill" missions because the reaction table is missing a "move to the next objective". (Or the case that Khorne units would be able to dug in feels a little weird)

Something that could be interesting for example would be 1 Hero + 2-3 units against a invading Flesh-Eater Courts Abattoir with a Lord Liverbelch (especially after the White Dwarf 462 has basicly rules for AI conrolled Flesh Eater Courts).

How is your experience with Solorules @Grom? Do you have Battlereports?