Advice on basing stormcast eternals

Nixxy83

Hello everyone.

I'm quite new to all this and I am planning on getting the start collecting stormcast eternals to go with my orruks.

I want to base my stormcast eternals in their own world like my orruks are set in a set in a world of never ending death and violence, where nothing grows.

I was wanting to base these guys in the opposite direction but have no idea where to even start.

Any advice or suggestions would be amazing

Stormcast could be kind of anything that interests you. They are made in Azyr. So everything connected to storms, lightning, cloud, heaven etc. would fit. But then they have their citadels and outposts in every Realm, so kind of anything goes. 

how about having a look at the different Stormcast Hosts and see if you like anything about a specific Host. For example, the Tempest Lords hail originally from Hysh (if I'm not mistaken) and have regal, noble background. So something classical that reflect that could fit. Whereas with the Celestial Vindicators you could go much darker. That might give you a good idea. 

9 hours ago, Nixxy83 said:

I want to base my stormcast eternals in their own world like my orruks are set in a set in a world of never ending death and violence, where nothing grows.

I was wanting to base these guys in the opposite direction but have no idea where to even start.

The opposite would be more of a lush jungle feel to it. My Stormcast are Jungle based. Same or my Ogors. I like to do two small forces with roughly the same basing and eventually i'm building towards jungle terrain. So it all looks nice together if someone plays my army against me. I didn't have any pictures specifically taken to show the bases but if I can take some picture with notes/products if it's something you like.IMG_0831.JPG.79bc91c25a00a862dae16f2678338180.JPG

61197F9F-B1A8-442B-80AD-400939EDBD7B.JPG.4fa3b56583f0772e59ac7878119d5eed.JPG

IMG_0835.jpg.153b39f5dbd52ec42435d29275c3ee15.jpgIMG_0826.jpg.9dbf497b4cfc3c1af4bb7c0fd984eabe.jpg

Or you could go full on civilisation bases. For My Cities and Kharadron overlords I will do a big rebasing project with this roller: http://www.greenstuffworld.com/en/textured-rolling-pins/867-rolling-pin-sett-pavement.html 
Again I'm building a city table and thinking about a matching gaming mat so they look in place when I play at home. And I'll likely rebase my skaven eventually on these kind of bases as well. 

I'm dabbling a bit with water features as well. That could be nice contrast to arid and lifeless. All the stormcast walking through a savanah after a rainy spell. They come with the storm after all.

But like @LuminethMage says, they get sent anywhere so no basing is wrong or more fitting. Heck, you could put them in the Garden of Nurgle. Taking the fight into the hellish nightmare that's the chaos realms. They all shiny and noble, the surface mushy and full of mutated flowers and critters. 

Edited by Kramer
  • Like 1