Living City Army Suggestions

Natepoleon

Hey folks!

I am getting into Cities of Sigmar, I am relatively new to Order and I love the loads of different options of CoS.  I was a Legion of Nagash player who got tired of running the same list of skeletons over and over again.  I am going to run the Living City, I would like to include some Sylvaneth and some Stormcasts in my army, however out of the Cities of Sigmar book I have fallen in love with the Dwarves. I plan on running Hammers, Longbeards and Ironbreakers (I am using Oathmark models so I am avoiding Irondrakes for the moment).  With that in mind does anyone have any suggestions or tactics for running dwarves in the Living City and which Sylvaneth models synergize with them.  I am sure that someone will say Kurnoth Hunters which I plan to add but aside from them any suggestions?  Also suggestions on good Stormcasts to add.  

To clarify my questions,

1. Good Sylvaneth units to add to aid a dwarven battleline?

2. Good Stormcasts to do the same?

3. Dwarven battlelines multiple minimum units or a few large units?

4. Tactics, Synergies, and Pitfalls

Thanks folks!

There is a 34 page Living City thread you should read.  There is an evolution but spurts and ebbs of really valuable activity and knowledge exist within it.  Same sub-forum.  

1. KHs, Alarielle, Durthu, Ancient, Drycha, BWraith, Trevs are usable options

2. the $10 magazine caster who can summon the comet, or any units that have a 10+" range attack that hit hard in CC

3 likely largish units, meta-dependant as you want them to not give up that objective or get wiped from an alpha.  also you want to limit or just get used to high drops.

4. read the thread.  play games, post your list, post your synopsis, ask what you did wrong and how to improve.

• Thanks 1

Hey Thanks, I am working through the bigger thread that I somehow had not noticed initially, I appreciate you directing me to it.  I'll post further stuff in that thread when I eventually get games in (covid!).  Until then I will be running games with my Brother who plays Beastclaws, wish me luck. 

Edited by Natepoleon
  • Like 1