Strategy help

Arkiham

ive recently read up on the discussion about chaff units and how under utilised they are.

see here : 

this got me thinking about chaos chaff. 

I personally dont own alot, but going up against a brutal Ironjawz list i've had to readdress my strategy to try butter armies up a bit more before getting into combat,

i own marauders, nurglings, bloodreavers.

ill use a nurgle list as i've one in mind. 

Unit name Minumum Models in unit Cost Number of units Unit cost Models Total
Harbinger of Decay 1 140 1 140 1 1860
Plaguetouched warband 140 0 1720
Blightkings 5 180 4 720 20 1000
Bloab rotspawned 1 260 1 260 1 740
Festus the Leechlord 1 120 1 120 1 620
Chaos warriors 10 180 1 180 10 440
Morbidex 1 260 1 260 1 180
Nurglings 3 80 2 160 6 20
Remaining points           20

the idea with this list is to debuff the opposition over time before they get to my main blocks of Blightkings/heroes. so im hoping for two to three hero phases ( or one or two if i go second ) 

the bloab spell i'm hoping will be critical to damaging elite units/heroes with festus reducing the effectiveness of the units most likely to get into combat with me first.

is this list legal with the nurglings? if so the nurglings will be a 24 wound unit, no save obviously but potential to deal mortal wounds, with a decent model size, and high bravery but they're slow. 

if not i have 20 marauders or i could just put in 8 more chaos warriors for a unit of 20 to act as a buffer unit. that'll be a 40 wound unit so, less chaff an more actual unit...

is the list properly set up for this sort of idea? would it be better to drop Morbidex for two gorebeast chariots to trigger the bloab spell in the charge phase?

I think this list is very fluffy has great synergy (some of best that mortal nurgel can provide).

I think that chaff/horde is very underrated in AoS.

I use at 1000pts 40 bloodreavers and with a aspiring deathbringer general, blood secator and a unit of wrathmongers they potentially get 5 attacks -1 reand (meat ripper axes).

Board control, expendable and cheap, rend option, high attacks- my favorite unit besides wrathmongers.

Dont kill my chaff that is on the board to be killed, then ill pepper you in attacks and swarm, kill them all and my elite units will most likely be unmolested.

Shooting into combat makes chaff even greater.

2000pts i bring 10 chaos warhounds and every opponent asks arent they a poor choice?

Hellcannon shooting 2d6 mortal wounds on a 3+ to hit rerolling ones from a chaos sorcerer lord hiding behind the cannon with the crew buffing their saves/behind LoS.

Shoots at unit tied up by hounds, and in the past 3 games has turned retributer units into manageble targets.

I would ditch the warriors from the list unless you already own them freeing up 200pts and maybe go with more nurglings/ plauge bearers.

tbh i was actually thinking of dropping 180 points of blightkings, an make it one large unit of 14, opposed to two units of 10.

this is an alternative list using marauders as the chaff. 

Unit name Minumum Models in unit Cost Number of units Unit cost Models Total
Harbinger of Decay 1 140 1 140 1 1860
Plaguetouched warband 140 0 1720
Blightkings 5 180 3 540 15 1180
Bloab rotspawned 1 260 1 260 1 920
Festus the Leechlord 1 120 1 120 1 800
Chaos warriors 10 180 3 540 30 260
Gorebeast chariot 1 100 2 200 2 60
Chaos marauders 10 60 1 60 10 0
Remaining points           0

this allows me to use two units of multiples of 7. the 14 blightkings and 28 chaos warriors. this gives me a large mortal wound output due to the battalion, the warriors would be great weapons i think for some reliable damage output. but with the battalion the blightkings will be a unit of 44 wounds and the chaos warriors 56. with saves and ward save from the general these large units are going to survive and therefore hurt. 

but; the small unit of marauders will be easily plucked off i feel ( which is the point? ) so it might not work so well.

the two gorebeast chariots are only there to help proc the Bloab spell. 

Archived