Which color would be best?

Lior'Lec

I haven’t touched a brush since sometime around March or April, but I had an itch to paint up some orruks  with dark grey/black skin. Enter the new Krusha’s warband for Underworlds and it was a good enough reason to clean out my painting desk. I painted them up along with Ironskull’s boys and I’m liking the scheme so far but haven’t been able to decide on what color to make the inside of Ironskull’s cape or the hair/tassels on Margok’s armor and sword. I’m leaning towards tinting the cape with either green (Camoshade) or Orange (Fuegan). The tassels either purple or red/orange. Both warbands are painted in the same colors as these photos. Opinions?

898F9937-3AA5-4670-9BEA-1896A9B94619.jpeg

793458BE-B279-48DC-9959-CACB28F59F61.jpeg

1F96D7CB-7E1E-4996-A8EC-522B80B6D8EC.jpeg

7649F7D7-3551-48F8-9B0B-D4DAB5AF0753.jpeg

• Like 1

In line with what @Dukeus suggested, I had the the thought that a blue-green would be a good complementary color for your orange-red scheme. Your main colors are already really bright and striking, though, so I'd suggest whatever you choose should be pretty desaturated or else it may clash with what you've already got going on.

Alternatively, a brown or tan color could be a good neutral tone to play off of. I'd consider trying both to see which you prefer.

I ended up doing the tassels in a dark purple/blue scheme and the cape’s inside just a duller tone of the outside. The bases are currently just plain grey and I’ll dry brush some lighter greys and tans onto it for a plain, stony look. I swing between both extremes of excessive (over)planning and “****** it, I’ll wing it” modes  quite often with these guys being firmly in the second camp. I didn’t decide on red and orange armor until the paint was actually on the model. 
     I still have a lot of detail work and stuff that could be done to make it look better buuuut... well they’re playable enough for now. 

931D2D8C-40DB-473B-80C0-318F19CE43CA.jpeg

3032A2A5-C7A5-4559-822C-A8EB7C71B750.jpeg

• Like 2