How does Flamer Of Tzeentch explosion work?

Ravinsild

Question

Today I played a game against the disciples of Tzeentch. Turn 1 my opponent teleported 9 flamers of Tzeentch 9” outside from my ArdBoyz screen and shot them down to 2 remaining post battleshock. 

On my turn my Megaboss on Maw-Krusha charged them. He has Metalrippa’s Klaw for -3 rend to his Boss Gore-Hacka and Choppa. He also has Mean ‘Un for his mount trait which adds 1 damage to the damage profile for mighty fists and tail. 

I had used Warchanter’s Violent Frenzy for +1 to all melee weapons damage, I used Ironjawz Waaaagh! For +2 attacks to all melee weapons  And I used Go On Ladz!, Get Stuck In! to give my Megaboss on Maw-Krusha +1 to hit rolls. 

He is now 10 attacks at 2/3/-3/3 and 10 attacks at 2/3/-2/4 

I was able to put out 19 damage with the first weapon profile and 28 with the second which is 47 wounds total. My opponent told me Flamers of Tzeentch had 3 wounds each (I checked the warscroll after the game and they only have 2 each, but it was his first game with the new book ever so it’s ok) and then he rolled 47 dice for each wound I would have done after failing all saved. However even at 9 x 3 for 27 wounds shouldn’t he have only rolled 27 dice for the 5+ mortal wound vs melee weapons? In reality shouldn’t it be only 18 rolled dice? My Maw-Krusha essentially killed itself from all the dice rolled (47) but upon reviewing the core rules and the Warscroll it seems like after you’ve allocated enough wounds to slay the model, and then the unit itself the mortal wounds rolls ought to stop right? 

how does this ability work? 

Edited by Ravinsild

2 answers to this question