Everchosen 2k list idea

Vilge

Hi,

I have idea for Archaon list for 2000 points.  Can you look at it and give my your feedback please? Thx

Leaders:

Achachaon (ruinois vigoir) 800b

Gaunt summoner on disk (mask of darknes) 260b

Battleline

Varanguard 3x 300b

Varanguard 3x 300b

Marauders 40x 300b

Endless spell

Eightfold Doom sigil 40 

My idea is that Gaunt will teleport marauders first turnt to charge on 2 plus ( with bonus on waracroll) and with Archaons abiliti they will atrack before someone dies... Also Gaunt will summon 10 pink horrors first round to objective grab. After that Archa3and Varranguards will go for the fight. Endless spell is there just for last 40 points... 

What do you think about list? What weapons are bees for Varanguards? What weapons for marauders (i think swords because it is 81 attacks). What circle for varanguards? And also what artefakt for Gaunt? Any ideas? 

Thanks a lot. 

I'm working on a similar list.

It's nearly identical (not a lot of wiggle room with Everchosen)

Only difference is I went with the Sorc on Manticore. Primary reasoning being Oracular will really help keep mister 800 points alive and his warscroll spell is fantastic and will help clear hordes.

Having a caster and a 50 strong tarpit for the same price is tempting. Be interesting to hear how that works out.

I went with Aetherquartz to make the most of Archaon's Command Points/Abilities.

I'm undecided on Varanguard weaponry. Either Ensorcelled or Daemonbound I think.

6th seems to be the go to Circle for the Guard but I'm tempted to try 8th to hop over Marauders/enemy screens.

I'd think I'd rather have a more offensive spell on Archaon as he has a very generous degradation chart. Haven't played him enough to know for sure though.

Edited by Eldarain

I kinda went with something odd in my list. Instead of 40 Marauders, I stuck with 20. Intending for them to teleport, then die.

I did go with 14 Iron Golems though instead of the extra 20. Same wounds, 10 pts. Cheaper, 4+ Rerollable save for Objectives.

And I try to have one unit of Varanguard with spears. Other than Archaon, we have no other source of Rend 2. 

Leaves me just enough to have an Umbral Spellportal for a foot summoner and threatening Hordes.

I played first game with a lot of proxy models (Marauders are ordered and on the way and I am not sure about super expensive Varanguards).

So first think... Marauders are great, for 300 points it is great unit with almost automatic charge. But I dont want 2x 40 because it is boring for painting.

I am not so happy about Varanguards... super expensive for just 15 wounds on table. So i dont know if I want two units.

My next list I want to test is:

Archaon

Gaunt Summoner on disc (it is just great to summon 10 pinks for free)

Chaos sorcerer lord (to give Archaon rerol for saves)

40x marauders

3x varanguards (fast for flank)

10x chaos warriors (to cover sorcerer and obj holder)

That makes 1970 so I can take one endless spell because I have a lot of casts.