Halo of Blood the combat phase of the bearer

Tibus367

Question

In regards to the "Halo of Blood" artifact from the Bloodlords Slaughterhost of Khorne

"The bearer fights at the start of the combat phase, before the players pick any other units to fight in that combat phase.  The bearer cannot fight again in that combat phase unless an ability or spell allows it to fight more than once."

I understand that this would allow the bearer to fight first in their opponent's combat phase, but I am confused about what happens in the bearers combat phase.  Would this mean that during my combat phase I would pick the bearer of the artifact to fight first, then pick another one of my units to attack before my opponent?  Or would it mean I would pick the bearer of the artifact to fight first and then my opponent gets to pick a unit after that?

1 answer to this question

This article should help - https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/03/21/who-fights-first/

In essence halo of blood let’s you fight in the start of the phase. Then in the main part of the phase you activate as per normal. And then evertything that activates at the end of the phase last.

So in your turn you get to fight first and then get to pick a unit as your first activation afterwards. Unless your opponent also has something that can fight first as well of course.