I built a lightweight AoS news filter to make it easier for everyone to obsessively overanalyze leaks and release cycles

ylu113

Hi everyone, long time lurker here!

As someone who's relatively new to Warhammer, I like how in addition to the painting, speculating on every scrap of info from GW about future releases can be a second hobby in itself. People here -- especially on the Rumor Thread -- know a lot more than me about release cycles (e.g. that Feast of Bones was the first time a brand new faction was released in a battle box), so over the past week I built a barebones way for myself to easily filter and view chronologically all AoS news.

www.aos-news.com

None of this is new info (in fact, I compiled a lot of this by crawling through the Rumor Thread). but the tags and filters make it easier to answer some fun questions very quickly:

1. How long did it take for the Infernal Enrapturess to go from battle box exclusive to individual release? (Answer: Dec 15 - Apr 27.)

2. How many times did GW's release schedule leak in 2019 due to shipping manifests? (Answer: 3 times.)

3. How many Made To Order runs came in 2018? (Answer: 5.)

4. How many 2ed battletomes have been released for each Grand Alliance up to date? (Answer: 14 since Soul Wars.)

5. How long did it take for the Ossiarch Bonereapers to go from first rumor engine to teaser to reveal and final release? (Answer: Apr 23 - Nov 3.)

I also liked turning back time and looking at old release cycles I wasn't here for (e.g. Malign Portents or Kharadron Overlords) -- not just what eventually came out, but what we knew when and all the speculation that happened in between.

Hope you find this as fun to scan as I do. If anybody finds any errors in the data and wants to help fill some of the gaps (especially 2015-2016) or volunteer for data entry going forward, let me know!

• Like 10