Sylvaneth Questions

Sunchaser

Question

1. Do I get the sylvaneth allegiance ability in the escalation match? If so can I put three down that turn or only two?

2. My opponents dont think I get the blessing of the forest for my dryads if the model isnt within the 3 inch range even if one or two stragglers are within range of the woods..

3. How on earth is the Glotkin only 480 and alarielle 620?

3 answers to this question

1. You can get Sylvaneth allegiance in any game if that's what you're playing, but specifically regarding this question- two or three what?

2. Wrong. It says unit within 3". If he disagrees, wait until the next time he uses an ability that says "pick an enemy unit with in X inches" and point out some of your models are too far away so he can't...

3. Glottkin's a beat stick, Alarielle has the potential to be worth way more if used cannily because of her support prowess (is my suggestion, anyway).

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, BaldoBeardo said:

1. You can get Sylvaneth allegiance in any game if that's what you're playing, but specifically regarding this question- two or three what?

Sorry... In escalation you place X amount of units per turn depending on your total number of units. For example I may be placing 2 units per turn. With the allegiance ability from sylvaneth I can bring a unit into the game 9 from enemies within 3 of a wood. If I were to bring my two units in via the escalation rules could I then use my ability to place a third?

Ah, no. It's an alternative deployment method, not a bonus unit. So instead of setting up (say) your two units, you could leave one off the board and then set it up next to a wildwood in your movement phase.

Also bear in mind that there is a distinction between wildwoods (the ones you set up and trigger abilities) and bog-standard woods which simply provide cover.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Archived